Rookie here, need help

dzhangdzhang Member Posts: 3

I am trying to add a numeric expression rule in windows, but I couldn't find where can I choose numeric expression in windows version of GS. Can anyone help me out? Thanks

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

The Windows version of Creator does not have that feature. You'll need to be a bit creative. For example, if you want to have a rule that says If game.Money+30 ≥ game.price, you'll instead need to make it If game.Money ≥ game.price-30.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@tatiang said:
    The Windows version of Creator does not have that feature. You'll need to be a bit creative. For example, if you want to have a rule that says If game.Money+30 ≥ game.price, you'll instead need to make it If game.Money ≥ game.price-30.

Or you can create your expression in an attribute prior to the rule . . . .

So, where on the Mac you would do;

If game.money+30+game.bonus*10 is larger than 500 then do some stuff . . . .

On Windows you would do:

Change EXP to game.money+30+game.bonus*10
    If EXP is larger than 500 then do some stuff . . . .

• SummationSummation Member, PRO Posts: 476
    edited May 2015

@tatiang said:

@dzhang

I believe the versions of the Windows Creator that can be downloaded with a Pro account does have a "Numeric Expression" Condition.

• dzhangdzhang Member Posts: 3

@Summation said:
    I believe the versions of the Windows Creator that can be downloaded with a Pro account do have a "Numeric Expression" Condition.

Really?I would definately get a pro account if it has this function.

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    edited May 2015

@dzhang Make sure to verify that before you purchase a Pro license. On the Mac side, the mathematical functions and rule conditions available are the same whether you have a Pro license or not. The Pro license does add additional behaviors as well as these benefits: http://gamesalad.com/pricing.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User