Actor Spawning

mewillimewilli Member Posts: 10

I'm trying to get my enemy to spawn but it won't work for some reason .I'm following what I need to do in the tutorial I have but it still won't work . Any suggestions ?

Comments

• UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    edited May 2015

You can try our free tutorial we made recently that has spawning in however to spawn another actor is very simple and should work, have you checked the layers because it might be spawning behind a background actor so you simply can't see it.

http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/85931/space-game-follow-along-video-tutorial-1080p-with-source-code-part-1-2#latest

• mewillimewilli Member Posts: 10

Oh okay thank you, I'[ll have to check.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@mewilli said:
    I'm trying to get my enemy to spawn but it won't work for some reason .I'm following what I need to do in the tutorial I have but it still won't work . Any suggestions ?

It's nearly impossible to diagnose an issue unless people can see the code that is causing the issue. Your question is essentially 'I have a bunch of behaviours and rules and attributes and coordinates and values (and so on) and they don't behave how I expect them to behave, does anyone know why'.

Imagine the same approach with a calculation, "I'm trying to get my calculation to work, but it won't work for some reason. I'm following what I need to do in the tutorial I have but it still won't work. Any suggestions ?" Can you imagine being able to answer that, even if the calculation was trivial (10+4=?) no one would have a clue how to solve it unless they can see what is involved in the calculation. Hope that makes sense ! :smile:

If you upload a screenshot of your code I'm sure someone can suggest a solution pretty quickly, without being able to see the code you will just a get a bunch of random guesses.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

It's 14 by the way.

:wink: