Help needed

BaccardaBaccarda Member Posts: 122

Hello everyone.
As some of you have noticed that in the past 2 or 3 days i've made a couple topics about my problem but in the end i did not found the answer, so i now i will try to explain it as simple as possible.
I've made an image which explains a bit how the game mechanics should look like.

1. Clouds are spawning from one side to another and are not going any higher or lower if character is only moving on x asis.
  2. Clouds are still moving from side to side, lower, higher and spawning new clouds as the character goes higher.

I think that it should explain game mechanics. If there is someone who could help me, i could help that person with game designs or something like that as long as i can do it in photoshop or illustrator.

Comments

• SummationSummation Member, PRO Posts: 476

@janis.piziks@gmail.com said:
    Hello everyone.
    As some of you have noticed that in the past 2 or 3 days i've made a couple topics about my problem but in the end i did not found the answer, so i now i will try to explain it as simple as possible.
    I've made an image which explains a bit how the game mechanics should look like.

1. Clouds are spawning from one side to another and are not going any higher or lower if character is only moving on x asis.
    2. Clouds are still moving from side to side, lower, higher and spawning new clouds as the character goes higher.

I think that it should explain game mechanics. If there is someone who could help me, i could help that person with game designs or something like that as long as i can do it in photoshop or illustrator.

There are a few ways you could do that.
    One simple way is when your bird is moving up, set an attribute like game.movingup to true.
    Then, in your clouds, when game.movingup is true, you can have your clouds move downwards.

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

Maybe I'm misunderstanding but couldn't you scroll the camera by adding a control camera behavior to your main player? Like this:

• BaccardaBaccarda Member Posts: 122
    edited May 2015

Summation, i'm not sure if that would be the right solution for this situation, but thanks. :/

jamie_c, i have added control camera atribute and it is working fine for the character, i just can't get those clouds to spawn properly. :/

I have a set of 10 different clouds and i want them to be spawned randomly on each line, so that would make them look different each time. If cloud reaches the other side of the screen, then spawn another random actor in that line. I know how to get them randomized, but i cant get the whole thing together and make them move in correct directions - to sides, up and down accordingly to characters position. :/

edited May 2015

I'm sorry but I have a really hard time following exactly what you want.

You say the control camera behavior is working fine for the character, but if that were the case when the character moved up the screen, the clouds would then move down the screen like you request.

You say you can randomize the clouds but then you say you can't move them correctly.

Can you just outline what you want to happen without saying what you have done or not done to date? Simply outline what you'd like to occur on screen?

Hope this doesn't come off as rude, like I said I'm just having trouble following what you actually want to happen. :)

I don't know if the attached is what you want or not, but check it out and see if it's close. There is no randomization of clouds, I was just after the type of movement you might be after.

@jamie_c said:
    I'm sorry but I have a really hard time following exactly what you want.

You say the control camera behavior is working fine for the character, but if that were the case when the character moved up the screen, the clouds would then move down the screen like you request.

You say you can randomize the clouds but then you say you can't move them correctly.

Can you just outline what you want to happen without saying what you have done or not done to date? Simply outline what you'd like to occur on screen?

Hope this doesn't come off as rude, like I said I'm just having trouble following what you actually want to happen. :)

No it is not rude at all, i am glad that someone actually cares about it. :)
    I just want them to be spawned randomly on each side and as the character goes higher, clouds go lower and if character is going lower, then clouds are moving back up. something like that, i want to make something like dash up game.
    The only way i know how to do it is to make a very large scene and place those spawners manually but that would ruin games performance, so it would be better to replicate those spawners on a regular size scene to not lose any performance.
    I hope that this helps :)

@jamie_c said:
    I don't know if the attached is what you want or not, but check it out and see if it's close. There is no randomization of clouds, I was just after the type of movement you might be after.

You are getting pretty close. something like that but the clouds would be spawning only at the top of the screen to not fill the screen too mutch. Just like in picture nr. 2. Character goes up - clouds come down and spawn new ones above them.

A new version is attached. This time I'm keeping track of the players Y position in an Attribute and using that Attribute in the spawners to spawn the clouds always 150 - 250 pixels above the player. You can adjust the frequency at which the clouds spawn in the Timer Behavior in each spawner as well as adjust the distance from the player that they spawn.

@jamie_c said:
    A new version is attached. This time I'm keeping track of the players Y position in an Attribute and using that Attribute in the spawners to spawn the clouds always 150 - 250 pixels above the player. You can adjust the frequency at which the clouds spawn in the Timer Behavior in each spawner as well as adjust the distance from the player that they spawn.

That's even more closer. But clouds should spawn 1 at a time, not to fill screen too mutch, because the character will have to avoid those clouds. :)

@janis.piziks@gmail.com, I'm glad it close to what you need. You can adjust the speed at which the clouds will spawn in the Timer Behaviors in each spawner, increase the number to make clouds spawn less often or decrease the number to have clouds spawn more often.

@jamie_c said:
    janis.piziks@gmail.com, I'm glad it close to what you need. You can adjust the speed at which the clouds will spawn in the Timer Behaviors in each spawner, increase the number to make clouds spawn less often or decrease the number to have clouds spawn more often.

And about the movement. How can i make them move down and up accordingly to characters position and spawn new ones if character goes higher? :?

That happens in the demo i posted. Use the arrow keys to move the player...

@jamie_c said:
    That happens in the demo i posted. Use the arrow keys to move the player...

I did not notice that the character is movable. It looks too god to be true. :D
    U're GOD! ^^