New Tablet -- Free Art!

pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

I got myself a new Wacom tablet and what better way to celebrate, than to offer some free art to the GS community?

I will be accepting requests until Monday and will make the first eight pieces requested. Each member can ask for one piece.

Now, what kinds of things to request? The most ideal things are logos or app icons. This is because they are focused and thrive on simplicity. Logos can be text with graphic, but bear in mind that all will be done by hand, no preset fonts!

If you need graphics for an actor in a game, that is also a possibility, but if so, make it a non-animated actor, as the one image per person rule applies here.

Mostly, I will be doing line-work. This will give you the freedom to color things in according to your preference, though I might do some coloring case-by-case.

All in all, just ask away, I will communicate if something is not realistic in terms of time.

Here's a photo of the tablet:

Comments

• JimmyMesserJimmyMesser LondonMember Posts: 235

Not too shabby, 12 or 24?

• JimmyMesserJimmyMesser LondonMember Posts: 235

Kinda looks like the 13hd, :) I have the 12

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

It's the 13HD.

The large one was too much of an investment at this point, especially since the resolution is pretty much the same (apart from the different aspect ratio).

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

That's one sweet tablet! I've also wanted one that nice.

Thanks for offering this for the community! ould you make a cool, sketchy GameSalad logo icon for my forum avatar? :)

• SummationSummation Member, PRO Posts: 476

@pHghost said:
    I got myself a new Wacom tablet and what better way to celebrate, than to offer some free art to the GS community?

Sent a PM. :)

@Braydon_SFX said:
    That's one sweet tablet! I've also wanted one that nice.

Thanks for offering this for the community! ould you make a cool, sketchy GameSalad logo icon for my forum avatar? :)

Not sure I understand completely. Is it supposed to be a variation of the official GS logo? How close/loose/stylized shoud it be?

@pHghost said:
    Not sure I understand completely. Is it supposed to be a variation of the official GS logo? How close/loose/stylized shoud it be?

Their default logo. Just a sketchy, artsy version? If you want, you could try to make a BowlBoy variation maybe with a cape. ;)

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

Cool looking table and a generous offer to boot!

I don't know if this is within your skillset but I'm working with a line art drawing and I need to be able to cut it on a laser cutter without pieces falling out. Here's the drawing:

And here's what the laser cut piece looks like:

You can see that portions of it dropped out. I'm not wedded to that design so if it made sense for you to create a moon/star/comet sort of design and scrap this one, I'd be fine with that. I can also provide the Illustrator file with the original line art.

Obviously, I'm asking A LOT here and I totally understand if this isn't possible or if you don't have time for something like this. Thanks for considering!

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

@Braydon_SFX let me know if this fits your purpose. If it does, I'll PM you a PSD file.

@tatiang said:
    I'm working with a line art drawing and I need to be able to cut it on a laser cutter without pieces falling out.

So you are looking for a stencil, basically? Are you cutting it by hand, or using some kind of smart machine which recognizes the lines and does the laser cutting for you?

I'll see what I can do.

@GH@ST 42 said:
    I want a balloon

Regular balloon? Clown balloon animal? Hot air balloon?

@pHghost said:
    Braydon_SFX let me know if this fits your purpose. If it does, I'll PM you a PSD file.

This is pretty cool! I was actually thinking of something closer to the GameSalad bowlboy icon, but this is pretty neat! Unless you're just dying to keep working on this specific image, I won't have you do any revisions because you're kind enough to do this for free. : )

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

So you are looking for a stencil, basically? Are you cutting it by hand, or using some kind of smart machine which recognizes the lines and does the laser cutting for you?

I'm using an Epilog Helix laser cutter so an svg would be ideal but I can also trace a line drawing that is a jpg/png etc. Yes, it uses the svg lines to do the cutting. A stencil is an accurate description of what I'm wanting.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User