Check out my game what do you think?

SEMASEMA Member Posts: 161
edited June 2015 in Announce Your Game!

It is good or Bad? Be honest.
Link http://gsrca.de/130661

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

It's 100 times better than Flappy Bird. What do you think of it? Are you please with the gameplay, the difficulty, the music/sound, the graphics, etc.?

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• MentalDonkeyGamesMentalDonkeyGames Member Posts: 1,276
    edited May 2015

Was actually very fun to play!

Not really sure about the music, but other than that, great job!

Mental Donkey Games
    Website - Facebook - Twitter

• UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692

Fun game all you need is some art and away you go.

• JSprojectJSproject Member Posts: 730

Hard game (too hard in the beginning after a few levels). I like the music, have you made the music yourself or who did? The game could benefit from some graphical touches too.

• SEMASEMA Member Posts: 161

JSproject I got my music from DJVI link https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV8yIaKoqa-r9SnXPMQ1Spg . I will try to add some art and redo the levels thanks guys

• CodeArtOnlineCodeArtOnline Member Posts: 84

level 3 68 attempts , this game really fun to play and difficult too.

Does levels are easy. well once you now the trick. for level 3 just hold your finger once it is almost at the top release it and done.

Hey guys you inspired me, I added a progress bar.

• wilsongaluchowilsongalucho Member Posts: 180

addictive! :dizzy:

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited May 2015

@P.I.F said:
    It is good or Bad? Be honest.
    Link http://gsrca.de/130661

As a simple mechanic I really like it, it's actually quite addictive !!

One thing I'd mention is that the death condition (when you die / hit a block) is typical of indie games - and a world away from a more polished commercial release - in that when you die nothing happens ! The game just sort of stops/resets, the same deal with when you win, the game just resets.

So many GameSalad games to seem to make this mistake (well, to me it's a mistake), I'd have the block explode into little bits or shrink to a quarter of its size and then drop to the floor or turn black and fade away . . . or something like that . . . it's much more satisfying to the player to have all this kind of tactile/visceral feedback.

But as a simple idea it's really nice to play, well worth further developing it.

Here's a quick example collision (file attached) this is the kind of thing I mean . . .

edited May 2015

Sound FX adds a little more detail (file attached):

Also check out Proper screen shakes by @Approw - nothing adds weight to an impact like a good screen shake done well.

http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/86241/proper-screen-shakes-how-they-should-be

• SLOCM3ZSLOCM3Z Member Posts: 797

@Socks That collision / wobble thing is cool. And now that I know what the sin() and cos() function does I understand it! :) @P.I.F That is a pretty cool game. I like the challenging gameplay. I think the music is good for it too. It gave me a feeling of "I accept this challenge". Good job B)

• Thunder_ChildThunder_Child Member Posts: 2,343

Hey pretty good game. It is addictive. Better put that on the App Store and start bring in the cash yo !

• sebmat86sebmat86 Member Posts: 339

Great! I like it! :) Im not sure about adding art... Hmm. If you do that, then you should go for the minimalistic style. Could not have volume, so I'll get back to you about the music!

• FrantoFranto Member Posts: 779

@P.I.F. Yeah, it's pretty good, managed to get to level 6 and 70 attempts. This might be a goldmine you have.

• Bowhill GamesBowhill Games Member Posts: 191

Nice quick play game only thing i would say instead of colliding with the wall at the end of the level use some other indicator that you have completed the level.

(site currently under construction)

I am having some problem publishing my game to the app store due to I am using a windows and only peaple with mac can publish to ios

• WarpSpeedWarpSpeed NYCMember Posts: 84

Love the game concept and design. I think that you have two options, either keep the graphics simple like it is, or add graphics. Adding graphics can be quite time-consuming but usually tend toward a greater user experience. If you keep it simple then I would use some of the tips that @Socks mentioned above.

@Socks said:
    One thing I'd mention is that the death condition (when you die / hit a block) is typical of indie games - and a world away from a more polished commercial release - in that when you die nothing happens ! The game just sort of stops/resets, the same deal with when you win, the game just resets.

So many GameSalad games to seem to make this mistake (well, to me it's a mistake), I'd have the block explode into little bits or shrink to a quarter of its size and then drop to the floor or turn black and fade away . . . or something like that . . . it's much more satisfying to the player to have all this kind of tactile/visceral feedback.

The game plays well and is quite addictive. Good luck!

• clee2005clee2005 http://Donkeysoft.caMember, PRO Posts: 194

It's fun! Got a Duet thing going with Flappy bird, and I totally love the music. It's definitely interesting and addictive. Nice work!

• OscarsCodingOscarsCoding Member Posts: 92

Great game! Million times better than flappy bird, and art and a better progress bar is the only thing thing lacking. :) great app!

• FallingBoxStudiosFallingBoxStudios Freelance Graphic Designer Member Posts: 822
    edited May 2015

I really like it! Add some nice art to it and it could be huge :)

• neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826

As others have said you just need some good art other than that very cool game.

• CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828

Level 3 17 attempts. I agree 100x better than flappy bird.

• RiveraonlineRiveraonline Member Posts: 54

great!

I have improved allot of stuff I have added: new GUI, new levels, some animations, and other stuff.

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

Level 5... argh!
    Level 6... argh!

Ima keep trying...

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

does are the easy once.;(