Random function breaks?

NicrisNicris Member Posts: 34
edited May 2015 in Working with GS (PC)

When I try to make particles shoot off in random directions (random(0, 360)), it works great the first time the drill actor collides with enemy actors. But the second or third or whatever else time it collides, the particles all shoot off in one direction. This has happened to me in a prior project as well. It seems that the random function just breaks after the first time particles are spawned. Anyone have a fix?

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,273

Never really happened to me, but I'm on Mac. I've also never tried the random function with 2 sets of parentheses. My random functions always look something like this: random(x,y)

• NicrisNicris Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2015

I'm on PC. This DID NOT happen in version 0.10.0, exact same project, so it seems it must be a bug with 0.10.5.

To clarify, there are not 2 sets of parentheses in my code. I just did that to make my post a bit cleaner. It looks like this in my expression editor: random(0, 360).

Time to file another bug in Bugzilla, I suppose. I hope this is something that is fixed in the newest release for Windows.