48-hour rule.

RabidParrotRabidParrot Formally RabidParrot.Member Posts: 956
edited May 2015 in Community Tutorials

A while ago I found an article that I found quite interesting. Unfortunately, I can't locate it to post a link.

Anyways, when you release an app you want to have the release set to automatic release. Why, do you ask?
Because if you live in the US and you manually release your app on Friday, you are releasing it Saturday overseas.
Apple doesn't update their store over the weekend, so if you release your app on Friday and essentially it gets released on Saturday overseas your app won't be as visible as it would've been if you released it on Friday both in the US and overseas.

You ask, how is it possible to release an app on Friday both in the US and overseas since we are on different days? This is where the 48 hour rule comes in. If you set your app to automatically release on Friday and it's Tuesday, the app will be available on Friday both stateside and overseas. If you set your app to release Friday and it's Thursday you have now missed your opportunity to have your app available oversees on Friday.

From the original article, I saw a lot of confusion about people not understating the 48 hour rule. If the above doesn't make any sense, or if you have a better way of summarizing it please do so.