Release Candidate 0.13.14 Mac ARC with performance improvements

BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

Release Candidate 0.13.14

Fixes:

• Added more fixes to prevent a crash from happening when opening a project

• Fixed Creator crashing when changing scene height or width

• Updated credits in About GameSalad

• Fixed being unable to change the Vertical Anchor and Horizontal Anchor in an Actor's Graphics settings

• Offline mode now works for 7 days (increased from 3).

Known Issue:

• Creator may occasionally crash when importing an image.

Includes all the fixes and features from 0.13.13 RC

Report Any Bugs
If you find bugs in the Release Candidate, let us know! We'll be watching the forums, support tickets and bug database for info on this. Once we're all happy with the state of the build then we'll make it stable.

Take a moment to review the "known issues" section of the release notes before reporting any bugs. No need to duplicate reports on what we already know, right?

Thanks for your help!

Go Get It!

See the release notes here:

http://gamesalad.com/download/releaseNotes/creator/rc

Download the release candidate here:

Get The Build Now

or

http://gamesalad.com/download/releases

Scroll down until you see "Release Candidates

Comments

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

:+1:

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• NimbleBugNimbleBug Member Posts: 483

Awesome :) no more crashing for me

• MentalDonkeyGamesMentalDonkeyGames Member Posts: 1,276

Good stuff! As always.

Mental Donkey Games
    Website - Facebook - Twitter

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

:p Stable soon..., tick, tick, tick, tick.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334

Still finding that the right side of conditions sometimes won't show until an actor is exited and entered again. There used to be a bug report for it but I can't find it now. Can resubmit again if needed.

Seen a few off graphical effects when working with very deeply nested rules.

I've had the odd crash, but very few. The build looks to be very stable. Stabler than the last couple of stable releases anyway!

Great stuff as usual.

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

Great Job , it keeps getting better and better , hope the stable comes out soon !

• birdboybirdboy Member Posts: 284
    edited May 2015

Fantastic progress!

I'm still getting a huge amount of crashes when opening or closing random projects. Doesn't matter if there's something in these projects. For example just creating a new project, switching to the scenes tab and closing the project sometimes leads to a crash (sometimes it doesn't happen for 10+ tries, sometimes it happens 3 times in a row).

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

@Hoodloc did you file a bug with us?

• vafurlogivafurlogi Member, PRO Posts: 203
    edited May 2015

After manually filling in 400 rows of a table I scrolled quickly up (for some reason) and saved at the same time, Creator crashed.

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

@vafurlogi please file a bug with us.

• darrelfdarrelf Member Posts: 243

Anyone else having trouble deleting images? I selected an image, clicked on the - button at the bottom and it deleted a different image entirely. I repeated the action and the same thing happened.

If you test this for yourself, please save your project as a different name first as the deleting action can't be undone.

• BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764

@darrelf said:
    Anyone else having trouble deleting images? I selected an image, clicked on the - button at the bottom and it deleted a different image entirely. I repeated the action and the same thing happened.

If you test this for yourself, please save your project as a different name first as the deleting action can't be undone.

Old Bug.

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

@darrelf said:

@BBEnk said:
    Old Bug.

Yep Old, but would love to have it fixed!

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

@AlchimiaStudios said:
    Yep Old, but would love to have it fixed!

Is it in the bug database? That's the best way to get it noticed by the team, much better than mentioning it on the forums.

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

@pHghost said:
    Is it in the bug database? That's the best way to get it noticed by the team, much better than mentioning it on the forums.

I know that, filed plenty of bugs by now. :smiley: I haven't looked into this one specifically to see if it's there. Maybe one day with a lot of free time ill file some of the common bugs that never seem to get fixed.

Trick is, filing it doesn't help much without the ability to reproduce or capture it. That takes time I don't have to spare most days.

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

Snap! Got a notification that an update is available for stable! Wohoo!

• vikingviking Member, PRO Posts: 322

@BlackCloakGS this version still crashes sometimes when I hover the mouse pointer over the rule conditions. It happens about 10 times per day, which is not terrible. However, there is no warning (like before when the Creator was slowing down before it would crash) so even if I save often it still lose quite a bit work when a crash hits my by surprise. Other than these crashes this version is amazing!

• ldrahcir@yahoo.comldrahcir@yahoo.com Member, PRO Posts: 4

I just got the update last night... using windows version 13.14... once I opened up a project and hit play to preview gs would close no matter what... what i discovered is that the raptr control center for my r9-280 place gs in the list of games to optimize... this meant that testing a game in gs would crash because the test wasn't started from inside raptr which wanted full control over running games... which of course is not possible with gs... once i exited the raptr control center, I tried to preview a project in gs and this time no crashing... this was not a problem before the update... but thankful its working... it drove me crazy for hours...