Where is the money come from?

I'm planning to put my apps on Android play store. But, how do I earn money?
1. So, I will get $ per user download, That sounds great. But I found some people saying that only top 100 will get money from Google for the download...That made me dizzy, cause Idk which one is true since I don't know where it's come from?
2. Ads, yeah....Charboost, Admob, etc. how is this work? Do I get money when the user see the ads, or they actually click the ads? like...the old school PPC(Paid per click) type of business?
3. Lastly, Android only, how much I get when someone did actually purchase something from me on the google play store? 80%? 70%? 60%?

I'm sorry to ask these kind of question here, I just feel too burdened with gamesalad $300 annual fee. I just want to make sure I can get this thing work. I'm okay tho to pay $25 to google, for a permanent account.

Comments

• ApprowApprow Member Posts: 703

1 That is not true. top 100 apps usually make "more" money because they have more visibility. But every app can make money, even when you're on the bottom of the list.

2 Ad revenue's are different for everybody. It depends on how you set up your campaigns. Chartboost mainly makes revenue per install. Admob I think per 1000 impressions, clicks, and installs, but I'm not a 100% sure. You can probably find all these answers on their websites.

3 Google play takes a 30% cut of every transaction, just like the Apple appstore and amazon.

• ahiungahiung Member Posts: 36

@Approw If my app is freemium app, does Google give me money?

• ant_ladant_lad Member Posts: 222

It depends whether you use google's ad service or not and whether anyone downloads the app and sees the ads or clicks the ads

@ant_lad I asked that because I heard "You get around $0.02 per download from somewhere" and that's related to top 50 apps thingy.

• ant_ladant_lad Member Posts: 222

I know nothing of google paying people because their app is at the top. If that is the case, then I guess google will be ending up in court again soon. Why not simply search the ad services and read what they say instead of listening to what others say? Or go to google's developer center and look to see if google pays you to have a popular app?

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239

you get no money for a download of your app.
    (except its priced what is not a good choice in my opinion)

You get money from Advertising partners:

+Click on an Ad (Click through)
    +Seeing an ad (impresion)
    +Install delivered to your ad partner of the suggested app within the ad unit (delivered install)
    +Videos watched (impression)

how much depends on

+the relevance of your keywords and audience
    +the ad frequency
    +the ad partner
    +the amount of people playing your game

Rough numbers

Banner Impressions usual get you $0.01 to $0.03 for one person seeing it
    Video watched gives you on average $0.02 for one person seeing it

Installs delivered give you from $0.20 to $15 or more for one person clicking on the ad and installing the app - keeping it for a minimal while to be sure its not a fake install in some cases

You should have a banner ad in any case except the app is paid. But to make real money you need Full screen Interstitial videos or pop ups form either Chartboost or Admob.

Another option are rewarded videos which game salad currently not supports but some people here found a work around to do it.

@BigDave said:
    you get no money for a download of your app.
    (except its priced what is not a good choice in my opinion)

You get money from Advertising partners:

+Click on an Ad (Click through)
    +Seeing an ad (impresion)
    +Install delivered to your ad partner of the suggested app within the ad unit (delivered install)
    +Videos watched (impression)

how much depends on

+the relevance of your keywords and audience
    +the ad frequency
    +the ad partner
    +the amount of people playing your game

Rough numbers

Banner Impressions usual get you $0.01 to $0.03 for one person seeing it
    Video watched gives you on average $0.02 for one person seeing it

Installs delivered give you from $0.20 to $15 or more for one person clicking on the ad and installing the app - keeping it for a minimal while to be sure its not a fake install in some cases

You should have a banner ad in any case except the app is paid. But to make real money you need Full screen Interstitial videos or pop ups form either Chartboost or Admob.

Another option are rewarded videos which game salad currently not supports but some people here found a work around to do it.

Thanks @BigDave , Thats a lot of explanation. very helpful. Thank you very much, it'll be more information if someone can explain how to put ads inside GS project(PRO), Like....I registered on Chartboost, then I was given SDK, it has like App ID, and signature on it..which I don't know what to do with it....I tried to find ads link which I was gonna put on GS proj, couldn't find it...I thought it was like referral stuff.

• @ahiung said:
    Thanks BigDave , Thats a lot of explanation. very helpful. Thank you very much, it'll be more information if someone can explain how to put ads inside GS project(PRO), Like....I registered on Chartboost, then I was given SDK, it has like App ID, and signature on it..which I don't know what to do with it....I tried to find ads link which I was gonna put on GS proj, couldn't find it...I thought it was like referral stuff.

I do not know how to put ads inside or GS project.