Your Localization/Translation Experience

supafly129supafly129 Member Posts: 454

Hi guys,

I'm looking to translate the meta data of my app and was wondering which service you recommend. I know Apple suggests several localization companies but I've heard stories of people receiving inaccurate translations even from these guys, so hoping to hear from your experiences.

Also, do you guys find (based on experience) that it's absolutely worth it to translate all of the art/text assets of your game into the top languages before launching? Or is the app description/keyword list the best thing to start with before the full investment?

Comments

• ant_ladant_lad Member Posts: 222

How much text do you have? And could you swap out text for international images? Thus not having a need to translate?
    I have read that localizing the app description can really help

• supafly129supafly129 Member Posts: 454
    edited May 2015

@ant_lad said:
    How much text do you have? And could you swap out text for international images? Thus not having a need to translate?
    I have read that localizing the app description can really help

@ant_lad the game can easily be completed without understanding the text since I use basic symbols & imagery to explain everything; the text is just to add some personality to the story (~25 images per language would be needed). I had planned on localizing the app description/keywords at the very least and then including a little note that says the game is in English