PRO usage among team members

xwrbnxxwrbnx Member Posts: 23

Hi,

(I am not sure if this is the right category for my question).

I am new to GameSalad. I have questions regarding PRO membership:
1. If I am in a team of 2 persons working on the same projects and we would like to use the PRO, do we need to purchase two PRO memberships?
2. Can I share the PRO usage in team? For example: we log in using the same email ID and work simultaneously. Me and my team member are working in different locations (remotely).
3. If one member is using the PRO and the other member is using free, can we publish the app we created by using free creator via the PRO account?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answers

• tatiangtatiang Posts: 11,949
    Accepted Answer
    1. Yes.
    2. No.
    3. Yes. Let's say you build the game using a free license of Creator. When you're ready to publish, the Pro user adds any pro features (if needed) and then publishes the app. Keep in mind that updates to the app would then require a Pro license.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• ApprowApprow Posts: 703
    Accepted Answer

@xwrbnx No it wouldn't be a problem. But like @tatiang said, sharing a pro account is not allowed.

Answers

• xwrbnxxwrbnx Member Posts: 23

Hi tatiang,

Thank you for your answer.
    Regarding my question no.2: what if we use the same account to log in to creator one at a time (not simultaneously)? Would it be a problem?

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

What kind of problem? An ethical problem? A legal problem? You realize you're suggesting that you purchase one software license and use it on more than one computer.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• EverwildEverwild Member Posts: 48

@tatiang said:
    What kind of problem? An ethical problem? A legal problem? You realize you're suggesting that you purchase one software license and use it on more than one computer.

How would that be different though than the free account member sending it to the pro account member to finish though, if only one is logging in to the profile?

For example, my husband an I both use GS, but there's no way we'll be shelling out for two pro memberships at this time. He does all of the publishing, so I send everything to him for finishing and upload. It just makes the most sense. However, if for some reason our network was borked, or his computer crashed and burned, and he had to log in on my computer to finish or upload, this would be where the line is drawn? Or would that be acceptable?

I hadn't even thought about it until I saw this thread, but now I have similar questions.

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

It depends on the particulars of the software license, @Everwild, but I was responding more to the gist of the question (can we share a single Pro license on two computers?) than a specific situation such as yours. I would encourage @xwrbnx to contact http://support.gamesalad.com for further inquiries about the Pro license.

@dgackey

• dgackeydgackey Austin, TXInactive, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 699

Generally speaking we follow the same type of installation licensing that Microsoft and others utilize -- a single personal license can be installed on a home computer and a work computer, but you may not sign into both computers simultaneously with a single login.

Dan Magaha · COO · GameSalad, Inc · danm@gamesalad.com

• xwrbnxxwrbnx Member Posts: 23

More or less, I am in the same situation with @Everwild, I guess.
    The other team member is my brother, but he is located in different country (I am in Singapore, he is in Indonesia).
    We would like to split tasks on our project.
    If not simultaneously, I am ok for just one login at a time using the same account. So when I am not working, he can work, check the works done by me, and vice versa. We have a very limited budget. Buying 2 PRO could be out of our budget at the moment.