My first Gamesalad game -- "Brownout - City wide Edition" -- looking for Testers

Oslm99Oslm99 Member, PRO Posts: 12

Hello All,

I am looking for people to give my game a test play and let me know your opinions and suggestions on how it is -- First here is a little info on the game --

Power Across the entire city has been knocked out and it's up to you to restore it. Select any district on the display map to start from and you will be ready to go.

Move the Particle Recharge Emitter with your mouse (or finger if on a touch device). Once you are over a capacitor of your choice, taking off your finger or clicking with the mouse will release the particle ball and recharge the system. A capacitor can only be recharged once, so you can hit them multiple times as needed.

You must restore equal power (100%) to both panels for the system to be restored, but you only have a limited number of shots per level to use. So choose your shot locations carefully.

Touching a capacitor will increase the power to the panel at the following rate --

Blue Capacitors restore 5% power.
Brown Capacitors restore 10% power.
Green Capacitors restore 15% power.
Purple Capacitors restore 25% power.
Red Capacitors restore 50% power.

The individual panels will overload once you go above 100% power output. A Capacitor will only recharge the panel they are located in and cannot be used to recharge the opposite panel.

Here are a couple of screen shots for you to look over --

So if you are interested in giving this a try, please send me an e-mail at jefry54@hotmail.com and I will send you the link to the game --

I have tried it on a Nexus 7 tablet using google chrome and I have noticed an audio error, so if you have any mobile device issues please let me know --

Thanks for looking and hope you enjoy the game --

Jeffrey

Comments

• Oslm99Oslm99 Member, PRO Posts: 12

Here is the direct link to the game -- Enjoy and please feel free to comment

http://gsrca.de/129545

Here are a few more screen shots of the game -- Thanks again to those who may have already played --

Enjoy.

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

@Oslm99 Hey there , I tried playing it but I really didnt understand what to do ? could you download a video somehow ? I read the instructions but still didnt understand , if thats ok with you , cause it looks cool I really wanna play it

• Nate_SNate_S Nate - Pixel Artist - Developer - Graphics Designer Member Posts: 86

Very Nice!

**Nate - Pixel Artist - Developer - Graphics Designer **

@Icebox1910 said:
    Oslm99 Hey there , I tried playing it but I really didnt understand what to do ? could you download a video somehow ? I read the instructions but still didnt understand , if thats ok with you , cause it looks cool I really wanna play it

Sorry, but I currently don't have any video capture software on my system so I will try to do up a visual walkthru and post it in a little while --

Hi Icebox 1910, Here is the visual walkthru I spoke of, hopefully this will help you --

First here is a screenshot of what you will see upon starting a level

The next screen shot shows the progress after using a couple of the particle ball elements

The final screen shot shows one panel fully active with the remaining panel at 75%

So if you don't manage to get the remaining panel to 100%, the area is consider to be inactive and will have to be redone -- If you go over the 100% it will overload and the area will also have to be redone (both panels will be reset)

If you active the panel(s) then that area of the city is restored and you can always go back and replay it to try and improve your score.

So remember that there are no time limts when you play an area, so take the time to look at what you have active and then figure out what you need to reach the 100% mark --

If you have any additional questions, please let me know --

Enjoy

• Nate_SNate_S Nate - Pixel Artist - Developer - Graphics Designer Member Posts: 86

Nice Work

**Nate - Pixel Artist - Developer - Graphics Designer **

@Oslm99 Thank you so much for your effort I'll check it out now ! this looks really good

@Oslm99 The game is good ! I like it , I played it for 30 minutes and I still couldnt get it 100 % , its frustrating but in a good way , my only comment would be that everytime I loose it takes me back to the level select scene , it would be better if there was a level reset button, cause this game is not easy, so everytime i fail it takes me to the level select scene , it slows you down a bit specially with the html5 loading time, but maybe its just me. Overall the game is really nice I will play it more later on , I just want to finish a level :D atleast !

good job and I hope you make more good games !

@Icebox1910 said:
    Oslm99 The game is good ! I like it , I played it for 30 minutes and I still couldnt get it 100 % , its frustrating but in a good way , my only comment would be that everytime I loose it takes me back to the level select scene , it would be better if there was a level reset button, cause this game is not easy, so everytime i fail it takes me to the level select scene , it slows you down a bit specially with the html5 loading time, but maybe its just me. Overall the game is really nice I will play it more later on , I just want to finish a level :D atleast !

good job and I hope you make more good games !

The reason why I have it go back to the Level Select screen is that when I first started programming this game the tables functions for windows wasn't working -- And for some reason the reset level function in GS windows 10.5 also failed to work.

Because of this, it would have required me to set-up reset values for all of the playable objects within each level scene -- Now that the tables have been fixed, I have been thinking about going back and redoing the reset structure.

I have noticed the slowdown with html5 on the Nexus 7 as well, were you using a tablet or a desktop to play the game?

Anyways I am glad that you are enjoying the game and there are a few levels in the other cities that are very easy to win (Hint: try Kemper Ave in Fitzhugh) --

Later

@Nater Tater said:
    Nice Work

Thanks Nater, I hope you enjoyed playing the game --

I've just uploaded an update to the game, hopefully fixing some of the small issues that have popped up --

I have now fixed the emitter so that the particle ball only comes from the center of the emitter and not from the sides -- I made a few changes to a couple of the levels to improve the playability ( city 3 area 12 is a complete new layout )

I will be writing out a better set of instructions in the next few days, but I have to decide if I am going to add any additional cities --

Thanks again for looking and enjoy the game --

Well after a month of testing, I have finally released this game. It has been quite a learning experience and I am looking forward to starting on the next project.

For anyone interested in this game, I am providing a link to Amazon's appstore and to my facebook page where you can follow along with updates for this and get info on my next game.

I would like to thank those here on the forum who have helped me with some of the tech issues and I would also like to thank Jamie Cross for his very helpful tutorials I found on youtube.

Amazon Appstore: http://www.amazon.com/Oslm-Studio99-Brownout-City-Edition/dp/B00ZYS5JB8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1435449939&sr=8-1&keywords=brownout+city+wide+edition

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/BrownoutCWE1

Later

Oslm

Update time --

Hello all, I have finally had the chance to upload the game to google's appstore (had to go back to java version 6 to do it) but it fully works --

I have been trying to find people to do a review of the game, but so far no one has taken a look. If there are any here who would be interested in doing review, please let me know --

So for those interested in the game, here is a link to the play store and thanks for looking.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.oslmstudio99.brownout