Rejected Mac App Reason 2.31

App_MakerApp_Maker Member, PRO Posts: 64

Hello,

I just submitted an Mac app and it got rejected for the reason below. I was wondering if anyone would know what this means and how to correct the issue. Thanks

"This app uses one or more entitlements which do not have matching functionality within the app. Apps should have only the minimum set of entitlements necessary for the app to function properly. Please remove all entitlements that are not needed by your app and submit an updated binary for review, including the following:"

com.apple.security.device.usb
com.apple.security.device.bluetooth

Comments

• ant_ladant_lad Member Posts: 222

It looks like you are trying to access bluetooth and apple can't see a reason for it, same with a usb connection.
    If you follow the links, maybe you can read about it?

Sandbox?

• App_MakerApp_Maker Member, PRO Posts: 64

Yes its for app Sandboxing. Not sure what that is, also I haven't done anything differently than I usually do for Mac apps and all the previous Mac apps never got rejected.

Does your app try to detect something connected to the usb port?
    Does your app try to detect something through bluetooth?
    "This app uses one or more entitlements which do not have matching functionality within the app."
    That says you do, and apple cannot see a reason to do those things.

Sandbox is what apple uses to keep each app separate and the communication is extremely limited between apps/functions. If you want to access something outside your app (location, usb, bluetooth, etc) you need a good reason

I don't need access to any of those. How and where can I remove them from my app?

Thanks

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

I might be from the game controller support. Apple has never rejected us before.

Does their app have a need for a game controller?

@BlackCloakGS said:
    I might be from the game controller support. Apple has never rejected us before.

So I need to disable game controller support for it to remove the entitlements for the usb and bluetooth? If so how do I do that? If not how can I remove the entitlements for them?

Thanks

• izamizam Member, PRO Posts: 503

Wow reading this makes me worried. I am waiting for a mac app to be approved and most likely I would be getting the same feedback as you.

edited November 2015

Short term if you can add gamepad support that should address apple's issue long term i am going to fix this in the coming weeks.

• izamizam Member, PRO Posts: 503

Ok my mac app passed the apple review! That's a relief!

@BlackCloakGS said:
    Short term if you can add gamepad support that should address apple's issue long term i am going to fix this in the coming weeks.

Any update on when a fix is going to be implemented? My app got rejected for a second time. My game doesn't need to have support for gamepad.

Thanks

@BlackCloakGS said:

Has this issue been fixed yet? It's been over one month and my game is delayed until this is fixed since they keep rejected my app.

Thanks

• CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828

@BlackCloakGS said:

@BlackCloakGS Do you have a update on this issue? has it been resolved with apple?

I will be looking at it next week sorry for the delay.

@BlackCloakGS said:

I have noticed a few updates since, have any of them fixed this issue?

Thanks

• een2drieeen2drie Member, PRO Posts: 30

Same problem here. Used 0.13.38. So don't think it is fixed yet.

@BlackCloakGS said:

Has this issue been fixed? It's been 3 months since I've started this thread. We can't submit Mac apps since they get rejected for the reason 2.31. Reasons like this is why some of the community is getting fed up with Gamesalad. You've released multiple updates yet none of which fix this issue.

• PreschooluPreschoolu Member Posts: 52
    edited October 2015

I had the same issue.. I will try to add gamepad support as suggested but not sure exactly how that works.. I will input a default variable 'k' in one of the positions or something and see if it goes through this time..

edited November 2015

Info on how controllers work in GameSalad

also a video about it

If you game only uses keyboard and not the mouse it is really easy to add controller support with key mapping

• HymloeHymloe Member Posts: 1,653

Hi @BlackCloakGS you have linked to the page about controller mapping, which is good. But the link to the "video about it" is actually the same link. Is there a video about it somewhere? That'd be handy.

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

@Hymloe said:
    Hi BlackCloakGS you have linked to the page about controller mapping, which is good. But the link to the "video about it" is actually the same link. Is there a video about it somewhere? That'd be handy.

Check the gamesalad youtube site

Video link has been updated