Collision issue when stacking large number of actors

RedHandRedHand Peterborough, onMember Posts: 17
edited June 2015 in Working with GS (PC)

Hey guys and gals.

Like you've heard before, I'm pretty new to gamesalad and I'm having some issues with my game.

I'm using Windows version 13.16rc.

I'm basically creating a tower stacking game just to get accustomed to the software and learn to work through some problems.

My game is 95% complete but I'm running into an issue I can't seem to fix.

My blocks move across the top of the screen (back and forth), when you touch the block it falls straight down onto previously dropped boxes.
After a certain time of stability a new box is spawned at the top of the screen and so on.

Everything works perfect except for when my blocks start to reach more than about fifteen blocks stacked.
The stacked boxes begin to sink into one another until eventually the tower falls because of this problem.

I've tried setting and constraining the SelfY attributes so that while "tower is stable" game play is considered TRUE.

WHEN "tower stability is FALSE the constraints are removed allowing the tower to topple.

I've tried many different approaches but no the seems to work.

Played around with density, change of velocity, constraints.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you to this great community

Comments

• RedHandRedHand Peterborough, onMember Posts: 17

From what I've found talking to people and looking into this matter is that it's pretty much impossible to fix as of now while the actors are "moveable"

Thanks for your guys time nonetheless.