Windows Creator RC 0.13.17: The Installer Update is available

stevejstevej Member, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 435
edited June 2015 in GameSalad Kitchen

Windows Creator Release Candidate build 0.13.17: The Installer Update, is available

Features

• This update is focused on improving installer issues.
  • The download link is to an .exe instead of a .zip file, no need to unzip before installing.
  • Less installer steps.
  • .NET 4.5.1 installed instead of 4.5.2, which more people should already have installed.
  • The previewer .dll doesn't need to be registered, which should help with install issues some people are having.

Known Issues

• If you don't have .NET 4.5.1 or better installed, you will be required to reboot your machine.
  • If you have already installed version 0.13.16 of Windows Creator, there is no need to install this version.

Report Any Bugs
If you find bugs in the build, let us know! We'll be watching the forums, support tickets and bug database for info on this.

Thanks for your help!

Download the the build here:

Get The Build Now

or

http://gamesalad.com/download/releases
Scroll down until you see "Releases for Windows (Offline Setup)"

Comments

• Bomwatchout Bomwatchout Member Posts: 8

it works perfect. i just cant do the update that comes after i install this or else i get the old error

• stevejstevej Member, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 435
    edited June 2015

@Bomwatchout said:
    it works perfect. i just cant do the update that comes after i install this or else i get the old error

Thanks. You can ignore messages that tell you update 0.13.16 is available, GameSalad in 0.13.16 and 0.13.17 are the same, just the installer changed.

• RedHandRedHand Peterborough, onMember Posts: 17

Ever since I install 13.16 I've had zero issues. You guys do great work at not only communicating with the community but the speed issues are resolved absolutely blows my mind.

Thanks for the hard work.

• ookami007ookami007 Member Posts: 581
    edited June 2015

Trying to sign an APK... FAIL!

Please type jarsigner -help for usage

I haven't been able to sign anything in GameSalad since 10.6 but it looks like the Nightly Build is working.

@ookami007 said:
    Trying to sign an APK... FAIL!

Please type jarsigner -help for usage

I haven't been able to sign anything in GameSalad since 10.6 but it looks like the Nightly Build is working.

What version of the JDK do you have? Try upgrading to the latest one (8).

• bufteabuftea Member Posts: 43

I've tried 03.17 and I get these errors in Preview:

Web Previw:

• no sound

Nativ Preview:

• gamelogic is acting strange. (in web Preview it works fine, just like in the 10.4). Main actor should follow the pressed mouse only on the surface of another designated actor. If it goes outside the second actor's surface it will maintain it's linear motion. But now it has a very slow response and it is acting like a slingshot . It lags behind the mouse and when it lives the surface it goes really really fast. Will it work ok if I try to publish it now?
  • Shenanigans StudioShenanigans Studio Member, PRO Posts: 73

Is there no viewer for 0.13.15+? I downloaded the android viewer for windows that is labeled .13.16, but it downloads as version .13.14, which is giving me "no creator found" when I use wifi or USB(Galaxy S3).

@buftea said:
    I've tried 03.17 and I get these errors in Preview:

Web Previw:

• no sound

Nativ Preview:

• gamelogic is acting strange. (in web Preview it works fine, just like in the 10.4). Main actor should follow the pressed mouse only on the surface of another designated actor. If it goes outside the second actor's surface it will maintain it's linear motion. But now it has a very slow response and it is acting like a slingshot . It lags behind the mouse and when it lives the surface it goes really really fast. Will it work ok if I try to publish it now?

The no sound issue is known, we're working on it.

Do you have an NVidia card? There are known performance issues with NVidia in native preview.