Mac Stable Release 0.13.19 Crash Fixes

BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

Mac Stable Release 0.13.19 Crash Fixes

Fixes:

• Fixed a crash when hovering over an expression in a rule or behavior

• Fixed a crash when opening a project while a Viewer is active on device

• Fixed keyboard event keys not saving if on-screen keyboard window is used to select the key

• Fixed attribute values reverting to 0 if Enter was not pressed after entering in the value

• Fixed a crash that could occur when selecting an attribute in the attribute or expression editors.

• Added an extra check to no-ad provider builds to prevent spurious warnings

• Updated Revmob iOS SDK to fix iOS rejection

• Added timestamp to Android signing for JDK 1.8 support

• Fixed crash when selecting certain keyboard keys more than once on the Actor Receives Input keyboard popup.

• Fixed crash when re-entering an actor after backing out of it with bad input in one of the actor's properties.

• Added BugSplat to replace our current crash reporting system. If you experience a crash, filling out the form and sending the report with detailed steps will go a long way to getting crashes fixed quicker.

Get the build now

Comments

• RabidParrotRabidParrot Formally RabidParrot. Member Posts: 956

Awesomesauce!

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

Thanks for your continued effort, Alan!

• BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764

@BlackCloakGS does 13.18 RC have all the fixes 13.19 Stable has?

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

No

• IndigochickenIndigochicken Member Posts: 29

Why can't my RC version of my game open in the stable release? It shows as greyed out when I go file to open. Even when I right click on the project in the folder and look under "Other..." for "open with" Gamesalad is greyed out also. How do I correct this to use my game build from RC to this new stable release?

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

Only one crash so far tonight - when importing a bunch of images that were too big for GS (oops). The crash report log thing opened but nothing ever came up, and it eventually just quit itself again.

Only bug I've noticed so far is that when mousing over the expression box on the right side of conditions it shows the wrong thing.

@Armelline good catch. I just fixed the mouse over issue will release another stable soon with that fix.

• kirafukirafu Member, PRO Posts: 314

table boolean true/false bug still in this version.
    please fix,please

edited June 2015

this bug Destroy "RollTurtle",
    This is really important to me.
    I quit my job for create "Roll Turtle" 1year ago,
    I'm running out of savings.
    I have to complete "RollTurtle",please fix this boolean true/false bug,please

edited June 2015

Can you tell me when it will fix this table boolean bug?
    0.13.7 it's ok,
    I can't always use 0.13.7.please.
    I've waited two weeks.

• Agent ArgyleAgent Argyle Member, PRO Posts: 188

After updating, I opened an actor, made no changes, opened another and now have the spinning beachball of doom. How can I go back?

edited June 2015

bug demo file.
    when press and condition value is "true",should show text.
    but the bug is you have to type "1",

I know 1=true,0=false,but this bug destroy my project,
    I type "true" and "false" in my project everywhere.

0.13.7 it's ok,don't have this bug,
    0.13.14 the bug born,and still in 0.13.19.
    please fix it,please

• Thunder_ChildThunder_Child Member Posts: 2,343

Updated tonight. Had one crash. Love the "Bug Splat" option.

I want to give you guys some credit here...tonight I just barreled through a good nights worth of building with NO major issues. One crash but I save regularly.

@kirafu let me see what I can do. I had to prioritize the crash bugs.

• ApprowApprow Member Posts: 703
    edited June 2015

@BlackCloakGS Thanks for the update! I found a bug, but I'm not sure if this bug was already in the previous release.

Open the expression editor, change the expression/value, hit the green checkmark, and hover with the mouse over the expression, it still displays the old value. I'm not a 100% sure if the expression updates correctly after hitting the checkmark, but it seems like it does work properly.

• Bad wolf GuyBad wolf Guy Member Posts: 206

Unfortunetly I am still seeing crashes even worse now. Every 2 minutes give or take. The rules images now jump all over the place. Notice when I started using the Animation behaviour. When I drag images over, the animation behaviour remains white, and the images and the rest of the behaviour are now in the above rule (A Note behaviour, a change image, A change attribute behaviour). It is now impossible to work.

To make things go back to normal to scroll up and down my code area, and then it jumps back to place. Then Crashes as soon as I click on something.

I have found that I don't need to be using the animation behaviour for this to happen. Simply changing a timer has also made the above occur.

• freneticzfreneticz SwedenMember, PRO Posts: 774

@kirafu said:
    table boolean true/false bug still in this version.
    please fix,please

So we cant make a iap for ex remove ads

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

@freneticz said:
    So we cant make a iap for ex remove ads

You can, you just have to use numeric expression rather than text expression when checking the table value. This will still work even when the bug is fixed, so you can make the changes now without issue. Just a pain if there are a lot of them to make.

I'll ask again. Maybe my $300 bucks wasn't the same as everyone else's or something...

Why can't my RC version of my game open in the stable release? It shows as greyed out when I go file to open. Even when I right click on the project in the folder and look under "Other..." for "open with" Gamesalad is greyed out also. How do I correct this to use my game build from RC to this new stable release?

Thanks in advance

rename it to .gameproj

Thanks @BlackCloakGS! Appreciate it