Windows Creator 0.13.22 official release is available!

stevejstevej Member, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 435

Windows Creator Release build 0.13.22 is available

Features

• Can install without internet connection or admin rights.
  • Show a message if the user's computer doesn't support OpenGL 2.0 when trying to use native preview.

Known Issues

• If you have installed for all users (in Program Files or Program Files (x86)) and want to upgrade just for yourself (in Users), you will need to manually uninstall the previous version of Creator before installing the new version.

Download the the build here:

Get The Build Now

Comments

• francis.charland@videotron.cafrancis.charland@videotron.ca 3D Artist/Generalist Quebec, CanadaMember, PRO Posts: 48
    edited June 2015

Hi steve,

For some reason every actor I put on stage are weirdly reposition at 0,0 when I Play the scene. Tiling get reset as well to the original size of the actor. I'm working on both Mac and PC so the test was done with a working scene done on my imac then ported to my pc via icloud. I've also tested from a fresh new scene and the problem remain.
    The Big Top Blaster Template does it too with some actors.
    Also, when playing the other templates provided there is several glitches (Visual actors alignments and movements / animations issues)

Regards

• Head Trip StudiosHead Trip Studios Member Posts: 9

Anyone else having issues opening previous projects from 13.7 or earlier in this new version? There is one app I made in 13.7 but it will not open in the 13.22 version.

• stevejstevej Member, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 435

@Head Trip Studios said:
    Anyone else having issues opening previous projects from 13.7 or earlier in this new version? There is one app I made in 13.7 but it will not open in the 13.22 version.

If you could submit a report to bugs.gamesalad.com, and attach or provide a link to the project that's not being read, that would help us fix the issue.

@francis.charland@videotron.ca said:
    Hi steve,

For some reason every actor I put on stage are weirdly reposition at 0,0 when I Play the scene. Tiling get reset as well to the original size of the actor. I'm working on both Mac and PC so the test was done with a working scene done on my imac then ported to my pc via icloud. I've also tested from a fresh new scene and the problem remain.
    The Big Top Blaster Template does it too with some actors.
    Also, when playing the other templates provided there is several glitches (Visual actors alignments and movements / animations issues)

Regards

We definitely haven't seen this. It may be something to do with your OS/video card combination.

• francis.charland@videotron.cafrancis.charland@videotron.ca 3D Artist/Generalist Quebec, CanadaMember, PRO Posts: 48
    edited June 2015

@stevej said:
    We definitely haven't seen this. It may be something to do with your OS/video card combination.

Humm... I've just downloaded windows 7 latest updates and everything is fresh clean on my side on my Laptop. So I'm using an Asus G74SX with a GeForce GTX 560M. The Problem is still there.
    I've also tried it at work on my daily computer ( New from last year and also using windows 7) and the issues are the same.

It work find on an older pc using also windows 7 though (An old rendering pc used at work)

I'll investigate some more.

Regard.

• jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584
    edited June 2015

I can't open older GS Windows games in the RC - they just shut GS down.

@francis.charland - make sure that you have all the Microsoft Redistributes installed. It shouldnt be graphics card/driver related really.

You may need to search out older versions too.

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon

edited June 2015

@jigglybean said:

francis.charland - make sure that you have all the Microsoft Redistributes installed. It shouldnt be graphics card/driver related really.

You may need to search out older versions too.

Seems like I have everything needed so far... Weird!

I have all the 2008 ones installed too. I dont normally remove these as something else may not work.

edited June 2015

@jigglybean said:
    I have all the 2008 ones installed too. I dont normally remove these as something else may not work.

Have it now on both PCs with the issues and it still does'nt work....
    Could it be related to the SSD drives? (Used by the PCs with the issues). Only major difference I can see right now... Kind of clueless!

SSD shouldnt matter. I run GS windows on an SSD. My list of Redistributes are longer. Ive also just tried on my GS windows and I do not have the same problem.

Have you tested it with a fresh new actor? It could be that you have some settings placing it at that x/y location

• GeorgeGSGeorgeGS Member, PRO Posts: 478
    edited June 2015

We include the required redistributable packages in the installation for Creator, so you don't need to worry about not having them.

If we didn't, and you didn't have it, Creator would not even start and Windows would show you an error dialog.

Can you add a screenshot of Big Top Blaster freaking out? That might give us some clues although if I understand correctly we're not seeing the issue here.

edited June 2015

@GeorgeGS said:
    We include the required redistributable packages in the installation for Creator, so you don't need to worry about not having them.

If we didn't, and you didn't have it, Creator would not even start and Windows would show you an error dialog.

Can you add a screenshot of Big Top Blaster freaking out? That might give us some clues although if I understand correctly we're not seeing the issue here.

This is what I get when playing Big Top Blaster. Some Actors are reposition at 0,0
    For instance I do not properly see the Canon cause it is centered at 0,0 as well as the orange boxes. Again, I get those issues on 2 computers (1 laptop and 1 tower. one with a GeForce video card and the other with an ATI Radeon, both using windows 7)
    Also when Playing the insect game.. The insects does not animate (Flapping wings)

@jigglybean said:

I've tested loading some simple old projects with the new Creator with no issues. We're going to need an example project from you (or anyone else that's seeing this issue) in order to fix it.

edited June 2015

@stevej said:
    I've tested loading some simple old projects with the new Creator with no issues. We're going to need an example project from you (or anyone else that's seeing this issue) in order to fix it.

Ok I can send a sample of a prototype I'm working on... Where should I send it?

@francis.charland@videotron.ca said:
    Ok I can send a sample of a prototype I'm working on... Where should I send it?

The best way is to create a bug report at bugs.gamesalad.com, and attach your project to the bug, or provide a link to it in the bug description. That way you will get a message when we fix it.

@stevej said:

I will try with the new creator and see what happens. The project I am using is good as it worked in the old Windows 10.5. But I havent used the Windows one since I got my Mac but looking to switch back as I am not an iMac fan lol

edited June 2015

Ok I've found the issue....
    http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/59247/windows-creator-first-stop-if-you-experience-unexpected-behaviours/p1

It's related to the regional Setting and how the decimal symbol is use.
    Thank you for the help folks!