Viewer 0.13.22 with lollipop

S888RAMS888RAM LondonMember, PRO Posts: 41

Hey guys!
The same old question... this is becoming a dream to see the PC GS viewer work on android viewer... I am running stable release 0.13.22 and I have downloaded the viewer (same version for PC) on my galaxy s5 (lollipop). However it says GS creator not found!

Any one got the viewer working with the windows GS?

Comments

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250
    edited June 2015

Are you using wifi or USB to connect to you android device? Did you install viewer support under the tools menu in the windows creator? Getting the viewer to work on windows is a little tricky compared to mac but i can help you get it working.

• S888RAMS888RAM LondonMember, PRO Posts: 41

Just installed! but still the same problem through USB and WIFI...

a quick update:
    The viewer works with galasy s3 kitkat 4.4.4.
    I tired with galaxy s4 mini Kitkat 4.4.2 and it did not work.
    Also tried with galasy s5 Lollipop 5.0 and it did not work.

I am missing something here. Do i have to turn the developer option on?

• QASaladQASalad Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 142

Have you installed the USB driver for that device? http://developer.samsung.com/technical-doc/view.do?v=T000000117

@QASalad well before installing it which I am sure I did at some point my question is when my PC work with galaxy s3 why would it not work for the other 2 devices. I am suspecting the problem is on galaxy s5 or to do it the Android OS setup.

PS I have got the s3 working through wifi

• QASaladQASalad Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 142

@S888RAM said:
    QASalad well before installing it which I am sure I did at some point my question is when my PC work with galaxy s3 why would it not work for the other 2 devices. I am suspecting the problem is on galaxy s5 or to do it the Android OS setup.

PS I have got the s3 working through wifi

Some android devices will work over wifi with the Android Viewer and some don't (The Nexus 6 will work but the Nexus 5 will not for example). I believe it's how the devices are connecting to wifi (ipv6 vs ipv4).

All Android devices should work via USB, however. In Windows you'll want to make sure you have the USB drivers installed or else it won't be able to communicate via ADB. And make sure in Creator preferences that the ADB path is correct.