[solved] Actors won't move at all when keys are pressed

paulamora916paulamora916 Member Posts: 3
edited June 2015 in Working with GS (PC)

Hello,

I tried to look up this problem here but have not found an answer that is clear for me. I downloaded GS (for Windows) for the very first time, have no experience coding, so I did this youtube tutorial. When I pressed the play button in order to see the action, pressed the keys I had given actions to (forward, back, etc.), my actors did not move at all and I have no idea why.

Someone in another thread said that it was solved via PM, but there was no answer on the thread itself and so I have no idea what to do.

Can someone please help?

Comments

• paulamora916paulamora916 Member Posts: 3

Also, before I tried the above tutorial, I tried this one first had same issue, so tried the second tutorial above to see if maybe I missed a step. Still, actors will not move at all.

• MassiveMaplerMassiveMapler Member Posts: 8

Try clicking outside of the preview screen before clicking the preview button. You most likely still have an actor selected, and are moving that actor's positioning around.

• tiger27tiger27 Member Posts: 127

Yes, I have ha a similar problem. The fix is to simply click the screen and thn start tapping the keys, and it should work.

• paulamora916paulamora916 Member Posts: 3

tiger27, thank you SO much! I was going crazy last night trying to figure this out... I feel so much better now. Thank you, thank you.