Editor crashes each time I'm trying to play the game

TigroTigro Member Posts: 32

So I've been developing a game in GS for a few days and some half an hour ago added a "Reset game" behaviour for when the player is spotted. I tried playing it and the editor crashed - I thought I'd made a mistake in game logic (some infinite loop of resetting the game or something) but it turns out it wasn't the case - even if I remove it from the actor, the editor crashes to the desktop without any prompt when I'm pressing play.

Now the whole project seems glitched cause I even tried to export all the files to a new, empty project and then removed all the things from the scene so that I was left with the camera and a white background and even then, the game still crashes to the desktop when pressing play...

What has happened and - more importantly - how can I solve it and restore the ability to play my project in the editor?

Comments

• GeorgeGSGeorgeGS Member, PRO Posts: 478

Does it do it with a completely new project or with one of the example templates like Big Top Blaster?

If you attach the project here I can take a look. I don't see any BugSplat reports from your e-mail or IP address so I'm not sure why you're crashing. It's very important to send those in to give us more insight into the problem so we can fix it.

• TigroTigro Member Posts: 32

It happens on a project I've been working on for a day or two, completely new project works just fine. So do older versions of the same project, samples etc. but this specific project got corrupted completely and nothing repairs it.

Here's the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BGNr4MuvgoRUx2QjJjN2FZWEk/view?usp=sharing

• GeorgeGSGeorgeGS Member, PRO Posts: 478

I put in a fix today that stops your project from killing the preview. There's probably a condition somewhere in your project that is either empty or has an invalid expression in it and the player wasn't catching the error in the right place.

It'll be in the next update that should be out tonight or tomorrow.

• TigroTigro Member Posts: 32

Fantastic, thank you a lot :)

• zolnier@hotmail.comzolnier@hotmail.com Member, PRO Posts: 25

Good to hear! I'm having the same issue!

What happened to the ability to jump between scenes of the native preview (green button)? It's frustrating how it's there in some of the releases and then out on others!

Okay, noticed something else weird on some of my projects in this version - the images are squeezed horizontally when I preview them. (HTML5 still crashes on some app previews, BTW). In the editor mode, the images fit the width of the screen, but when I launch the project, they only show about 75% the way across the screen!

So, it looks like when I have it set for ipad landscape is the only setting that looks acceptable, no matter what I have the original project/size set at. It doesn't seem to be adjusting properly based on the device type and orientation!