Mac Stable Release 0.13.24

BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250
edited June 2015 in GameSalad Kitchen

Mac Stable Release 0.13.24

Fixes:

Contains all the fixes from 0.13.23

Get the build now

Comments

• francis.charland@videotron.cafrancis.charland@videotron.ca 3D Artist/Generalist Quebec, CanadaMember, PRO Posts: 48

Awesome! Nice to see new basics tutorials to welcome new users.
    Good work!

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390
    edited June 2015

Wow! These new tutorials are great. I wish I had them 3 years ago. They will go a long way towards getting new members up to speed with a good basic understanding of what GameSalad can do and how to get the most from it. They will definitely help recruit new members. Good going GS? :)

• robertkdalerobertkdale USAMember Posts: 912

I Love it! Thanks GS! :)

Big Smile Games Play Happy!
    Check out our other GameSalad exclusives.

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

Nice to see gamesalad getting better and better each time , but i wish that the html5 bug in working with tables gets fixed , its been there for a long time , ever since the new builds came out , I really want to upload my game on gs arcade and share it with others, it works in gs preview and on my device but doesnt in html5, the level lock and unlock wont work even if i set the first boolean in the table true to unlock it.I cant access the first level to play the game. In the night build it works fine and in old old builds before updating performance of GS it used to work as well. I hope the next build will fix it. But regarding performance and quality i cant say but excellent job. I like the improvements.

thanks !

• NimbleBugNimbleBug Member Posts: 483

@BlackCloakGS Awesome Gamesalad Updates...please release with new render engine version(0.14),and i hope the performance and quality increases ,nothing breaks the projects worked with 0.13.24

• neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826
    edited June 2015

Thanks for the update. Keep up the good work. It is greatly appreciated. I will be sure to check out those new tutorials as a refresher.

Just wanted to point out that the auto updater failed 3 times generating an error while updating form 0.13.23 to 0.13.24. It worked on the 4th time. This has not happened to me before. If this happens to you and you want a quick fix just uninstall 0.13.23 and install a fresh copy of 0.13.24.

• freneticzfreneticz SwedenMember, PRO Posts: 774
    edited June 2015

Rotate on Android?

And i want a counter somewhere that shows how many rules/attribute that is set to Off in your code.

• neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826

The subdomain learn.gamesalad.com is running on WordPress. Very cool as the site looks exactly the same as the main site. In addition I loved the pass thru authentication. Well done :wink:

• MentalDonkeyGamesMentalDonkeyGames Member Posts: 1,276

The new tutorials are excellent. Very nice job!

Mental Donkey Games
    Website - Facebook - Twitter

• Thunder_ChildThunder_Child Member Posts: 2,343
    edited June 2015

I saw the tutorial page. Nice idea. Haven't looked at them yet but surely will be very informative. Thanks.

Regards to your current build for the creator...I am SOOoOoO please to see how well it is functioning. Really happy happy !

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

@BlackCloakGS Can you please tell me why the expression editor sounds when I close it?
    is this intentional or a bug?

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250
    edited June 2015

its a bug i will fix it.

here is the bug http://bugs.gamesalad.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1058

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

@BlackCloakGS said:
    its a bug i will fix it.

Thank you Alan.

This is the most stable version I have experienced since 0.12.20 so finally upgraded.

Although another minor bug is missing animation images until you click where they should be and then they appear?

• Thunder_ChildThunder_Child Member Posts: 2,343

@BlackCloakGS said:
    its a bug i will fix it.

here is the bug http://bugs.gamesalad.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1058

Ahh...I thought it was to tell me I had finished a change or made a change to the original value.

• vafurlogivafurlogi Member, PRO Posts: 203

If you try to delete a picture in the library (by clicking the - sign) it deletes some other picture above or beside the one selected.

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

@gingagaming said:
    Although another minor bug is missing animation images until you click where they should be and then they appear?

Yeah just started seeing this one too.

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,332

I'm seeing a bug that's a really strange one.

I made a ladder template earlier today. I thought I was done, then I noticed one thing I'd overlooked. In order to compensate for it, I added in some extra actors that fixed the problem. One per ladder.

The weird thing is that if I add this actor (or any new actor) and put a "Collide with player" rule in it, it'll break things elsewhere. Even if the actor isn't anywhere near the player. There is literally no way for the actor the collide with the player. Even if I put the collide behaviour in a rule that cannot be triggered. The very presence of the collide behaviour in the actor on the scene is changing how the logic works elsewhere (and breaking it).

The layer the new actor is on doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if it's on the scene or spawned. If I leave the actor on the scene but remove or turn off the collide, everything works again.

I can see no way it can be the logic (except some odd order of execution problem, which would be super-annoying). So it must be a bug in GameSalad.

I'll submit a bug report with the problem, just wondering if anyone else has seen something similar.

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@vafurlogi said:
    If you try to delete a picture in the library (by clicking the - sign) it deletes some other picture above or beside the one selected.

That's been like that for a long, long time. It is probably near the top of the "fix it next" list by now. @BlckCloakGS Is that the case?

• supafly129supafly129 Member Posts: 454

@PhilipCC said:

@BlackCloakGS @PhilipCC I've been having the same problem for a while now, perhaps there's already a bug that has been reported?

• vafurlogivafurlogi Member, PRO Posts: 203

@PhilipCC said:
    That's been like that for a long, long time

I remember it from way back but I thought I remembered it being fixed. Unless I've just not been deleting pictures for a while. Could be.

• francis.charland@videotron.cafrancis.charland@videotron.ca 3D Artist/Generalist Quebec, CanadaMember, PRO Posts: 48

Not such a big deal but the thumbnails in the animate Behaviors does not show some time unless I click on the Animate window. Anyone else having this issue (on the Mac version of course)

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

Bringing this comment back up since it was poster right before 13.24 came out and I'm not sure it was looked at from the other release thread.

@gingagaming said:
    Is there a reason why the preview button doesnt always work and is greyed out sometimes BlackCloakGS ?

In addition to this, why does the expression editor sound when I close it?

Thank you for your responses.

@Lovejoy said:
    I was just about to ask this same question, its minor stuff but it didn't happen before.

Also i would like to add that after publishing and generating, the small GS window won't close hitting the mac's red circle, i always have to right click and force close.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764
    edited June 2015

@BlackCloakGS
    I started having this issue today, This happens after I enter password and hit enter.

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

Java is missing.

• BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764

@BlackCloakGS

It seems Java 8 and Yosemite don't like each other via Google search, so installed Java 6 from Apple and all is working now.

• RossmanBrothersGamesRossmanBrothersGames Member Posts: 659

hmmm. weird updated to this version and now my rules that control my particles for the main character are not turning off the particles at appropriate times. For instance I have wind particles behind the character while sprinting, now they remain on when I stop sprinting.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

@RossmanBrothersGames said:
    now they remain on when I stop sprinting.

It's not suggested to stop sprinting while developing games -- best to keep the blood flow going. ;)

Best to submit a bug report, then the GS team will have a look at it.