Is there a way I can make the Display Text to show 2 lines of words or sentences?

Dell7730Dell7730 Member, PRO Posts: 388

in just one display text attribute, is there a formula to make another word or sentences go under the first one?

Best Answer

• tatiangtatiang Posts: 11,949
    Accepted Answer

You can wrap text or use \n within a quoted expression or use multiple Display Text behaviors with offset Y values. If you have questions about any of these techniques, just ask.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

Answers

• Dell7730Dell7730 Member, PRO Posts: 388

@tatiang said:
    You can wrap text or use \n within a quoted expression or use multiple Display Text behaviors with offset Y values. If you have questions about any of these techniques, just ask.

I'll give those a try, the third one is what i'm already using and there's a lot I wanna say in my game that would require a lot of Display Text boxes

• Dell7730Dell7730 Member, PRO Posts: 388

@freneticz said:
    Alt+Enter

that works but there's too much distance between the top and bottom two lines of sentences

• alexandra.voica2alexandra.voica2 Member, PRO Posts: 4

I'm also having the same problem. I tried to use the \n within the expression editor but it's not allowing me write simple sentences...this is an example of what I've tried:
    "Hello. \n"
    "bye. \n"

but it's coming up with "Expecting ".." but "\" found.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,331
    edited March 2020

@alexandra.voica2 said:
    I'm also having the same problem. I tried to use the \n within the expression editor but it's not allowing me write simple sentences...this is an example of what I've tried:
    "Hello. \n"
    "bye. \n"

but it's coming up with "Expecting ".." but "\" found.

You would want it to say "Hello.\nBye."