I have that feeling..My 40th launched app and its gonna be the best one ever

2»

Comments

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

@BigDave said:

Sweet screenshot, this game looks like a live version of bitcoin billionaire. So I'm going to guess in time we will see a better computer, then better chair, then a luxury apartment etc.

A live version clicker game with BigDave as the main character! Can probably make it into a reality TV show as well.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• tiger27tiger27 Member Posts: 127

Ha Ha Ha :D

• GnarlyGnarly canadaMember Posts: 840

@BigDave said:
    i made 39 mobile games in the last 2 years and im just finishing up number 40. I have that special feeling I got with pewdiepug (100'000 Downloads total) and Three Points (400'000 Downloads total)
    I NEVER was so confident with having an awesome game! NEVER!
    At-least product/game wise of course its big to compare it to a game highly hyped by a big you tubers community or a game that got featured by apple. But I seriously think both could happen with this one.

Are you sure your british? Way too outspoken and confident.

Good luck anyways.

@gattoman said:

He isn't full of himself, so definitely not british. :D BigDave is German i believe.

• MoogusMoogus Member, PRO Posts: 77
    edited July 2015

@BigDave said:

Proper cool photo!!

Imagine if we teamed up.....

• ChunkypixelsChunkypixels Member Posts: 1,114

@Lovejoy I think you've confused British with American if your talking about being full of themselves. As a Brit, I can tell you were far from full of ourselves, and tend to be more realistic, down on ourselves, and less egotistical than our cousins across the Atlantic.

But yup, I believe BigDave is German. That must be why he's the efficient working machine that he is... (stereotypes and all that) ;)

@Chunkypixels said:
    Lovejoy I think you've confused British with American if your talking about being full of themselves. As a Brit, I can tell you were far from full of ourselves, and tend to be more realistic, down on ourselves, and less egotistical than our cousins across the Atlantic.

But yup, I believe BigDave is German. That must be why he's the efficient working machine that he is... (stereotypes and all that) ;)

Haha, just poking some fun, just cant help it when i hear that accent. But yea i think you may be right. :D

• francis.charland@videotron.cafrancis.charland@videotron.ca 3D Artist/Generalist Quebec, CanadaMember, PRO Posts: 48

That's about 1 app every 2-3 weeks! Impressive! Are you living out of it? If yes what is your recipe? Lol

Best luck with Sha Cat

German. A spitting image of myself!

Well done.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

I have calculated that Dave is 43.9° confident he has a winner on his hands.

• tintrantintran Member Posts: 453

@Socks said:

nice..Socks!

@Socks said:

Angle =number of beer+ apps made/hours working *(GS build)

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334
    edited July 2015

@gattoman said:

Brits are very outspoken and confident, just in a very different way to Americans :D

We are, after all, masters of complaining!

@BigDave - Out of interest, why have you discarded that big, comfy looking office chair in order to sit on what looks like a foldable lawn chair instead? The heat?

• RondoRocketRondoRocket Member Posts: 411

@Armelline said:
    BigDave - Out of interest, why have you discarded that big, comfy looking office chair in order to sit on what looks like a foldable lawn chair instead? The heat?

I was thinking the same thing until further examination of the chair revealed the truth!

• UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    edited July 2015

My old m8 Chris is German and he's like a well oiled machine, while we share some banter Eng v Ger is always fun we get on like a house on fire and I wouldn't swap him for the world :)

As for Brits v North Americans let's just say you guys don't lack confidence :)

Anyway back to the women's world cup 3rd place play off Eng v Ger :) COME ON ENGLAND!!!!!

• tintrantintran Member Posts: 453
    edited July 2015

@RondoRocket said:

hahah golden chair.

This might turn into an actual video game, where you get to change items/accessories to pimp this photo

• kirafukirafu Member, PRO Posts: 314
    edited July 2015

Are you full-time work for development indie game alone? :smile:

@DeepBlueApps said:
    Anyway back to the women's world cup 3rd place play off Eng v Ger :) COME ON ENGLAND!!!!!

Looks like England won

• ApprowApprow Member Posts: 703

Congrats @BigDave ! you're doing great:)

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239

@francis.charland@videotron.ca sha cat was my second gaming app launched in early 2014
    I put a lot of time into it, it did not pay off. I took learnings and moved on.
    The recipe is to make enough apps so you get a feeling of what works what not.
    And get the monetisation right even if every 4-5 review is 1 star complain about the ads.
    Think "Money" if you want to make it full time.