@BigDave said:
    stuff like this came with .27 wasnt there .26

BlackCloakGS

I had the same problem in .24

• egorgesegorges Member Posts: 21

@BlackCloakGS said:
    There is no offline mode right now

@TitanFury said:
    Will it be returning soon? That feature was very convenient.

Offline is very appreciated. Sometimes I work "on the road".

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069
    edited July 2015

@egorges said:
    Offline is very appreciated. Sometimes I work "on the road".

@BlackCloakGS

Count me in for offline mode as well. Don't need too it often, but when I do it would be great to have that option.

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

@BlackCloakGS said:

This is quite an important feature, especially if there is no free version anymore. I take my computer with me and work when on the move, on the train, in the car or on the plane. I also very often like to take my computer outside, sit working in the park or so.

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

My images are white in the images tab in the library. That's the only issue I've come across so far.

• ApprowApprow Member Posts: 703
    edited July 2015

@BlackCloakGS Since there hasn't been a lot of news regarding 0.14 lately, and the radical changes in the office, I'm getting curious about the 0.14 release status. Is this going to be within a couple of weeks, or months (or early 2016)?

• vafurlogivafurlogi Member, PRO Posts: 203

My internet connection has been flimsy for the last few days and that means I have to stop working in GameSalad. There has to be a workaround for this. Also, it might be a coincident but my creator always crashes shortly after losing connection.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited July 2015

@Approw said:
    BlackCloakGS Since there hasn't been a lot of news regarding 0.14 lately, and the radical changes in the office, I'm getting curious about the 0.14 release status. Is this going to be within a couple of weeks, or months (or early 2016)?

For me the most exciting aspect of 0.14 was the new rendering engine, but @Toyman who was the guy working on this (whether exclusively or not I haven't got a clue) went in the Great GameSalad Purge of 2015, when a blood-soaked machiavellian @CodeWizard rose to the top on a throne made from the skulls of dead coders :tongue: :wink: how @Toyman's exit effects the prospects of the new rendering (and 0.14 in general) is unclear, direct questions on the subject have been swerved, so I guess (and it's only a guess) that the previous schedule has been dropped ?

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334

My ISP says that I can expect intermittent internet for the next 2 days at a minimum, and potentially until the 13th July. Offline mode desperately needed!

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

@Socks said:
    For me the most exciting aspect of 0.14 was the new rendering engine, but Toyman who was the guy working on this (whether exclusively or not I haven't got a clue) went in the Great GameSalad Purge of 2015, when a blood-soaked machiavellian CodeWizard rose to the top on a throne made from the skulls of dead coders :tongue: :wink: how Toyman's exit effects the prospects of the new rendering (and 0.14 in general) is unclear, direct questions on the subject have been swerved, so I guess (and it's only a guess) that the previous schedule has been dropped ?

In another thread, in a land far far away, where posts get buried in a matter of hours. It was confirmed that the rendering engine is still on it's way and that the windows version is already using it.

Comment found here

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

Thanks, I'd missed that one :)

• NimbleBugNimbleBug Member Posts: 483

Yes offline mode please....i work most of the time ...off line only.

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

Ive found a bug with the timer in this current build @BlackCloakGS I had tagged you in the original post but I know you dont get to see all posts so thought id let you know here. Its serious enough to break many projects that fire 2 rules using timers close together. Ive created a sample project for you and logged the bug here: http://bugs.gamesalad.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1213

• gameviccigamevicci Member, PRO Posts: 306

I use GS since 2010, 90% offline because there's no wi-fi where I work.
    It's mad to remove offline mode, I'm feel like when GS announced that you couldn't publish games by yourself

• ChunkypixelsChunkypixels Member Posts: 1,114
    edited July 2015

@BlackCloakGS said:

Whoah... Step back a moment here... I hope that was a simple error along the lines, and not a planned change.

If it was planned, then you need to get that changed right now. If I'm paying for a subscription to use a software, then I want to have access to use it whenever I want, without being at the mercy of Internet service providers and whether GS servers are up. If I want to go work for a few days or even weeks at a quiet location with limited online access, then I shouldn't have to worry that I won't be able to use the software I've paid for....

This is just taking things in a crazy bad direction if it was done on purpose, and will drive away paying customers, as it's just getting too restrictive, and risky to use the software... what are you guys thinking?!?

So yup... @BlackCloakGS @CodeWizard this needs clarification, and immediately fixing....

This is the kind of unannounced crap, with no notice given, that gives GameSalad a bad reputation amongst the development community. How can you expect to gain the trust of customers when your hobbling the system like this... Not cool... Unprofessional... and not good for paying customers.

I do hope it was just a mistake, and not someone's "good" idea...

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334

@Chunkypixels said:
    I do hope it was just a mistake, and not someone's "good" idea...

Agreed completely. Limit the number of days a person can use it offline, sure. But it's a deal-breaker for me if I need to be online to use Creator. That said, I've found it a little unpredictable as to when it makes me log in and when it doesn't.

Some clarification regarding the intentions and workings of this seems pretty vital. @CodeWizard @BlackCloakGS

• freneticzfreneticz SwedenMember, PRO Posts: 774

Sounds like we need real facts on whats going on, Online/offline? like the last post will there ever be a marketplace 2 , will 0.14 come out this year , are the price scheme nailed
    are im drunk? and so on.....

• Bowhill GamesBowhill Games Member Posts: 191

@BlackCloakGS agree completely with @Chunkypixels @Armelline seriously no offline? I truly hope this is a simple mistake in this release, only a couple of us here in this team but we travel all over the world on business and the majority of gamesalad for us is done on planes or in hotels (not always capable of a reliable internet connection) if there truly is no offline for the foreseeable future then we will no longer be using Gamesalad for our projects.

(site currently under construction)
  • TitanFuryTitanFury Member Posts: 55

@Bowhill Games said:
    BlackCloakGS agree completely with Chunkypixels Armelline seriously no offline? I truly hope this is a simple mistake in this release, only a couple of us here in this team but we travel all over the world on business and the majority of gamesalad for us is done on planes or in hotels (not always capable of a reliable internet connection) if there truly is no offline for the foreseeable future then we will no longer be using Gamesalad for our projects.

I second that! This needs to be fixed immediately!

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,067

There is going to be an offline mode. We did some rework of auth to support the trial. It will come in a future version (not sure when, we're fixing some other critical bugs first).

• gameviccigamevicci Member, PRO Posts: 306

@adent42 said:
    There is going to be an offline mode. We did some rework of auth to support the trial. It will come in a future version (not sure when, we're fixing some other critical bugs first).

Tomorrow I will not work on my game due to this! For me this is the most critical bug :wink:

• tmanntmann Member Posts: 278

For those with internet/offline mode issues perhaps Personal Hotspot has been overlooked ? anyway https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204023 works great at times of ISP meltdown even just a 3G signal is enough to keep things ticking over.