• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

Hi there!

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• limbozonelimbozone Member, PRO Posts: 23

Welcome to GameSalad

• Qwest4LifeQwest4Life Member Posts: 42

Thanks!

I am working on a game that is 2D and stuff. Any suggestions?

• tiger27tiger27 Member Posts: 127

Welcome to the magical world of the Gamesalad forums, discussions are on the left, magic on the right. Enjoy!

But seriously, this place is a great site for help with gamesalad.

:)

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

@Qwest4Life welcome to gamesalad, are you planning to make a platformer ? or an rpg ?

• ant_ladant_lad Member Posts: 222

It entirely depends on what 'stuff' consists of

What is a platformer/RPG?

@Qwest4Life like are you planning on a mario snes game or zelda rpg game ? cause you said you wanted to make a nintendo 2d game

It is like a Zelda RPG game but its not Zelda related. If you know the gameboy version of Pokemon, its like that

cool , do you have a story ready ? characters ? designs ? or are you still on that process?

I am working on it right now.
    Story:(Be prepared)
    A girl named Ryuu Akuma lives on a farm in a world filled with monsters called Titans and Dragons. The only thing these monsters can eat is Human flesh and blood. In a attempt to survive, humanity built a sanctuary for them to live in. As you can see in the pic I put, Mankind made walls to block out titans and Dragons. Ryuu lives in the outer wall, Wall Maria. That where all of the farmers and villagers live. Anyway Ryuu lives with her dog Yuki, her mother, Helena,and her step dad Charles who she REALLY doesn't like. Their house and farm is in a forest far from the nearest village, so Ryuu has to take her hoarse and ride there. And it takes a few days to get there. Anyway one day Helena tells Ryuu to go to the village and let Charles take her. After a long argument Ryuu finally lets Charles go with her. At the end of the first day with Charles, Ryuu starts to like him as a dad. But then Charles pulls out a needle with green liquid inside and he injects Ryuu with it. After passing out for a few hours, Ryuu wakes up and doesn't remember that Charles was with her. After arriving in the village, she gets food, fire wood and seeds. A few minuets later a Titan that was bigger than the wall, destroys the wall and dissapers. Titans and Dragons flood in and destroys everything. Scout Swords Men (People in the military who keep Titans and Dragons away from the wall.) where all over, trying to keep the Titans and Dragons at bay. Ryuu goes back home and finds here home destroyed. Her mother was stuck between two boreds.

two Titans grab her mother and rip her in half. Ryuu and Yuki is saved but Charles is noware to be seen. (I need to wrap this up.) Ryuu gets the power to turn into a demon, fly and has fire powers. She can also turn into a Titan thanks to Charles searm that he injected in her. And yeah, thats pretty much it. not the full story, but its a long story. So yeah.

• allc1865allc1865 Member, PRO Posts: 777

Hello and welcome!

edited July 2015

@Qwest4Life said:
    I am working on it right now.
    Story:(Be prepared)
    A girl named Ryuu Akuma lives on a farm in a world filled with monsters called Titans and Dragons. The only thing these monsters can eat is Human flesh and blood. In a attempt to survive, humanity built a sanctuary for them to live in. As you can see in the pic I put, Mankind made walls to block out titans and Dragons. Ryuu lives in the outer wall, Wall Maria. That where all of the farmers and villagers live. Anyway Ryuu lives with her dog Yuki, her mother, Hele.....

Processing... Processing... Processing...

Great story though! You must of thought this out for a while! Is Charles evil? Gasp! Does he work for the titans/dragons! Even bigger GASP!

Thanks for the feedback! That took me so long to think of.

@Qwest4Life I suggest you start doing your research on how to program your game and bring it to life ! just watch tutorials try to learn what you want to do ( but i prefer learning everything it will be useful even if it seems like you wont use it later on you might ) and if you don't find what your looking for or if your stuck with something just ask in the forums , they sure help alot , thats what i love about gamesalad over all other engines , the forum is just amazing, wonderful community you will always find people right there to help ! so goodluck :)

:)

question: How can you make the bounding box around a actor smaller? I have having a problem with that.

• MattSodenMattSoden Member Posts: 30

Is this not the plot to the Manga/Cartoon/Film 'Attack On Titan'?

With the live action/cgi film coming out soon the timing of this could help it get into the charts - hopefully a real app doesn't come out and steal your thunder.

yeah I guess. Idk. Its suppose to be smiler to AOT but not completely.

if that does happen, I am also working on something else that is complectly diffrent.