make a movable actor stop moving

allc1865allc1865 Member, PRO Posts: 777

I have a grass platform that moves into the scene from the right and I also have my main actor that can jump on that platform, but, whenever he jumps on the platform moves. I've tried using self.physics.movable, but with some research found that doesn't work.
Any ideas?

Best Answer

Answers

• tiger27tiger27 Member Posts: 127
    edited July 2015

Here:

If actor collides or overlaps with platform

DO
    Move right at a speed of 300

OTHERWISE
    Move right at a speed of 0

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

Are you saying he falls off the platform? Or are you saying the platform moves when he jumps on it. Try turning movable off and use interpolate to move it. This will override physics and the character jumping on it won't affect it's movement.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,331

When an actor is movable, and another actor jumps on it, it will move slightly. This can happen even if you get the density of the jumping actor to 0, and even if you constrain the position of the platform and even if you do everything else you can think of to prevent it moving. The only way to guarantee it doesn't move is to set "moveable" to false. If you still find the platform moves, take a video of it as that's really not supposed to happen.

• allc1865allc1865 Member, PRO Posts: 777

thank you, @Armelline , @The_Gamesalad_Guru , @tiger27 , I'm going to try the moving elevator tutorial because I want the platform to move in from the right, but also allow the character to jump on it.
    Thanks, @jamie_c for the videos.