Interstitial Ads: Where, When and how often?

ThoPelThoPel GermanyMember, PRO Posts: 184

Hi all,

so far I have always used iAd banner ads, so I wanted to ask:

• Which network do you use for interstitial Ads (Ad Mob, Chartboost, Playhaven Ads, Rev Mob)?

• Any experience regarding performance, loading speed, click through rate, money per click?

• When would you show the interstitial Ad?
    -- Menu -> Game (e.g. start a new level)
    -- Game -> Menu (e.g. level finished, game over)
    -- Game -> Game (e.g. level 1 to level 2)

• Would you show interstitial Ads everytime the screen changes or only every second, third, ... time? (e.g. show interstitial ad every 5 death)

Thanks

Comments

• ThoPelThoPel GermanyMember, PRO Posts: 184

I have uploaded an app to the Apple Appstore with interstitial Ad Mob ads. They are show everytime the user retries a level. I will refresh the post when apple released the app.

• jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584

Where to place them is up to you. I removed start up adverts from all my games as I didnt want players to be greeted with an advert the second they start the game.

Also a HUGE 'no no' is placing an advert on a close/exit button.

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239

the services themselves suggest to put them at transition points within your game such as
    Win/lose

When the activity of the play comes to an end and its not interrupting a player intention(not as hard)

I got clickers with no such events so i trigger them after upgrading something if the timer is expired

first 2.5 minutes expired -
    once seen every
    1.2 minute

also sometimes 30 second movie ads which would decrease the play session possible in-between if it would not be bound to the upgrade trigger