Two Instances of GameSalad in Windows

BagzliBagzli Member, PRO Posts: 48

I find myself working with multiple projects and it is really annoying how I can't copy functionality of one project to another easily. I have to open one project, write down all the actions in a notepad and then open the original project and add it there. Very tedious and time consuming.

I have done a lot of research on how to open 2 instances of GameSalad but I have not found anything that doesn't force me to install a third party which I am not so happy to do. Is there a way with the newest version of GameSalad to open two instances so I can work with 2 projects?

Comments

• MentalDonkeyGamesMentalDonkeyGames Member Posts: 1,276

With the Mac version it is possible to open multiple projects at the same time.
    Unfortunately, i´m not familiar with the windows version.

Mental Donkey Games
    Website - Facebook - Twitter

• tintrantintran Member Posts: 453
    edited July 2015

I have Windows 8.1 and this is what I did.
    You still can't copy and paste from one instance into the other though. But at least you don't have to write everything down, just switch, glance and go to the other and manually add rules.
    I created another Windows User Account with a password (I just searched for User Accounts). You need to have a password otherwise Windows won't let you start another instance.
    Then instead of clicking on GameSalad shortcut on the desktop, Shift + Right Click and select "Run as different user" now enter the Username and Password of the User Account you've created..and it'll start another GameSalad instance.
    Pretty annoying that you can't just copy rules directly over though.

This might be a really good feature request, for like projects to be tabs and allow copying and pasting between tabs that would be too sweet.

• BagzliBagzli Member, PRO Posts: 48
    edited July 2015

haha that is a nice trick tintran. I got pissed off today and pulled out a very old and slow and crappy laptop and run gamesalad on that. took half an hour to just open it but I was able to look at things of another screen at least. I'll give it a try your way. Thanks!