Gamesalad Discount?

Hello, as you can see I am one of the many free GS users who will be either leaving or buying the new GS. Not too sure if I should buy GS due to price but I love game development as a hobby. So why is money a problem? Unfortunately I like a few others are a student and I understand it isn't a lot of money and I could ask my parents or earn the money myself. I also understand a group of hard working geniuses created this software and need their share of pay, but being a student also means a lot of studying, homework and exams especially for high paying jobs which means i'll be able to use GS once or twice a week which feels like a waste. ( I understand adults work too and it can be difficult to find spare time). Recently I heard about a discount for students using gamesalad due to the cost. I also heard about a much cheaper option for schools using GS once they are approved.

1) Is the two I mentioned above the same discount I accidentally heard two different ways (bit confused sorry)?

2) If the discount for single student does exist could someone please tell me how much money it requires? (I can prove I am a student if that is an issue, in any appropriate way)

3) If single student discount does not exist, will there be any discounts or cheaper options towards future?

Last day for free trial, could be my last day for GS too! :'( Once again I understand if none of the above can be made possible due to fair reasons. Thank you for taking out time and reading or answering this discussion :)

Bluebot Games

Comments

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

@Bluebot_Games

1) Not the same discount. One is an individual discount for student (50% off). The other is a discount for organizations/school ( up to 90% off) but they must approve it and contact GS and whatnot.

2) The single student discount is half off, here is the link http://www.studica.com/us/en/GameSalad/gamesalad-creator-pro.html

3) There is a discount so go pick it up! Woohoo!

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584

Studica is the way to go for students. It's not an automatic process as Studica lets GS know of the purchase, then they unlock your account.

Compared to other engines, GS is probably the best and most affordable. Build Box is £3k and has zero flexibility, Construct 2 is £80 around the same price as GS through Studica.

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon

• Games!Games! Member, PRO Posts: 11

Hi, I bought my gamesalad mebership as a student. You get a 50% discount so instead of 300$ it became 150 for 1 year pro. You buy it via studica and have to prove that you are student.
    Takes a few days to process (verifying you are a student) so you won't get your pro immediately after purchasing.

• kolabokolabo Member Posts: 240

@jigglybean said: Construct 2 is £80 around the same price as GS through Studica.

Construct 2 has a free edition, a personal license and a business license.