Chartboost not showing any installs but i actually installed and launched the promoted games.

thienbao12a2thienbao12a2 Member Posts: 6

Hey guys, i am new to Chartboost and I got the SDK integrated in my game. The dashboard shows impression, clicks, bootups, all installs,... However, it shows 0 installs. I tried to click on the ads and installed, launched the promoted games, but it has been 2 days and still 0 installs. I tried to contact them, and they tried to integrate the SDK to a sample project, hours later I saw on the dashboard there were 2 installs. They are from Chartboost, but then i tried to install the promoted games on another device. Still 0 installs, but clicks, impressions, bootups work just fine. For rewarded video, it only gave me several cents for watching them, but didnt give me any installs. I have never downloaded these promoted games before as i dont play mobile games much. Could you please help me? Is there anything wrong w the integration?. THank you

Comments

• RabidParrotRabidParrot Formally RabidParrot. Member Posts: 956

Downloading a game through your own app is against their terms. You'll get banned.

• thienbao12a2thienbao12a2 Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2015

I wont, since it is just for testing purpose. If I didnt test these ads before launching the games, how can i make sure that they do work correctly. And ofcourse I do know that its fraud, but its the only way? If there is another way to test if the ads work fine, and can generate money, let me know!. I actually wonder if you did read my question above or just the title, if you dont care to answer my questions which i really need an answer, please just dont give me those answers like the one above, because you are not being helpful but nagative

@thienbao12a2

" If there is another way to test if the ads work fine, and can generate money,"

I'm not sure you understand what fraud is.

If you are getting test ads then the ads are working. Maybe @Dan_Chartboost can hep you out.

My definitions for Fraud are Fake, Scam, Cheat... O.o I am not sure if you understand what i meant. Iam not getting test ads, those are live ads, because i wanted to see if the live ads work fine. But thanks for your help.

Test, live, you're getting ads. it's working. You are wanting to see money through an app you downloaded through your game. As I stated before, "Downloading a game through your own app is against their terms"

I am getting ads, true, im getting impressions, clicks, true. But 0 installs, so it s working but not working correctly. If i didnt try and install them games, I wouldnot making any money when i launch the game. I couldnt check to see if the ads work 100 % fine with ads in test mode. Even live ads not working correctly, what makes you think that I can test ads in test mode.

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

Chartboost has ways of checking and figuring out if the installs are legit, so it might have flagged it and not give you the install, since what you did is fraud regardless of how you wanna put it.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

Thank you for your reply. However, I contacted Chartboost and they tried to integrate my app id and signature in their sample project, and they installed the promoted games, then I got 2 installs on my dashboard and they are from Chartboost. I know every ad network has its own way to detect if the installs are legit or not, but in this case, how come installs from chartboost are legit but mine are not.

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

ill tag @Dan_Chartboost , he can give you a better answer.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

Thank you.