game crashes

ajableu5ajableu5 Member, PRO Posts: 6

it may be my computer I'm not quite sure, but earlier in the day I finally after days of experimenting found a way to get my character sprite fire in the same direction he is facing using multiple tutorials together and so on.. well now when I try firing my sprite the game crashes and no functions work until I hit reset I'm just wondering why it would work one time and then freeze my whole game later. any ideas?

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

Lots of ideas! There are many things that could freeze your game. Try turning rules off one rule at a time or one group at a time or one actor at a time until it stops freezing. Then you have narrowed down where the problem is. If you still can't resolve it, post a screenshot of the rule that you believe is causing the problem.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• ajableu5ajableu5 Member, PRO Posts: 6

I'm not sure if I posted the picture correctly but just in case it doesn't work it basically just illustrated that on the projectile sprite it is told to accelerate w/out a rule because it is spawned from my main character sprite and is told to accelerate indefinitely. it is told to accelerate in the direction of "self position x, self position y" combined with my script on the main character that says to point the spawned sprite in the direction of itself worked together (not individually) the first time but now crashes the game. specifically the "self positionx, self positions" part is what crashed the program for all other methods worked juat not the way unwanted them to .

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

Did you try my suggestion?

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• ajableu5ajableu5 Member, PRO Posts: 6

yes the specific thing causing the game to seize is the acceleration attribute on the projectile itself. more specifically it's the direction I used that caused the game to crash the "self position of x self position of y