App Signing Problem

myu699myu699 Member Posts: 96

Hi, I am currently in the process of signing my app. I have created a keystore on windows. I am using Java 8. I keep getting the message, "please Type jarsigner-help for usage". I have searched around but cant find anything. Please reply fast. I am almost out of time in my membership and I have been working on this game for over a year. Thanks. And if I have to download a different version of java, do I have to create a new keystore.

Comments

• tintrantintran Member Posts: 453
    edited July 2015

did you happen to use spaces in your key name. I got this error when i tried to use spaces in the key name so i converted it to underscores.

If I invested a whole year into a game, I'd probably find a way to buy membership :D

• myu699myu699 Member Posts: 96
    edited July 2015

No there are no spaces in the key name
    @tintran

Also, Does the keyname need to be someting specific or can I just make it up(as in it doesnt have to match anything). @tintran

edited July 2015

@myu699 said:
    Also, Does the keyname need to be someting specific or can I just make it up(as in it doesnt have to match anything). tintran

the key name can be anything but i try to make it a valid java variable naming convention like no spaces or funky characters just in case i get that error and not know what the heck i did wrong.

Did you follow instructions on this page?
    https://help.gamesalad.com/hc/en-us/articles/203082467-6-4-Preparing-your-PC-for-Android-development-Part-I-
    these steps must be done before you can use the GS APK signer tool

also when i used the GS APK signer tool i used it to create my keystore too, so i didn't have to manually play with the command line method of creating a keystore. I dont know if that makes a difference for you or not.

Yeah I have downloaded everything and created a keystore.

• GeorgeGSGeorgeGS Member, PRO Posts: 478

What version of Creator are you using? There was a fix for the format needed in Java 8 not too long ago.

I opened the updated and it says there are no new versions. Also, I was wondering if interstitial ads have been added because it seems that there is no option for that in change scene.

I really need help. I have only one day in my membership left. I really dont want to lose the game I have worked for over a year on. And at the moment I cant really afford to pay for pro. And I am not sure if I can make a game in one month. I really just want to finish this game. thanks! I want to recap. I have an error that say please type jarsigner- help for usage. And when I try to use the keystore I already have it has an error. It doesnt work for new keystore. I am using java 8u51 and I have windows 8. This is the first time signing. I have the latest version of windows, according to the updater.

Can you open the Help->About menu and tell me the version of Creator you see there? It would also help if you could open a command prompt and type 'java -version' without the quotes and paste that output here. The JDK version might be a little different from what you see in the control panel or your browser.

edited July 2015

it is 13.31. and java is 1.8.0_51 @GeorgeGS

edited July 2015

Hmm, I'm able to sign with the same setup you have. Is there anything weird about the paths where you have the keystore and unsigned/signed apk files? Does your keystore file have a space in the name? Do any of your passwords or the key name have a space in them?

I can duplicate your issue if I use a key name or password with a space.

oh, my password has a space, let me try without.

@myu699 said:
    oh, my password has a space, let me try without.

that has to be why

yes it works!

@myu699 said:
    yes it works!

Now let's see your 1 year dream product!