Mathematic formula needed for timer.

yuttuy3yuttuy3 Member, PRO Posts: 17

I'm not that great in math and am encountering some problems.
I'm in need of a formula to setup a timer to activate every 0.7 seconds, but the interval would get smaller and smaller, but will never be equal of smaller than 0 seconds.

Which (combination of) mathematic function(s) should I be using? and why would that be the best option?

Comments

• RabidParrotRabidParrot Formally RabidParrot. Member Posts: 956

Just made this up, I used timestamp to spawn an actor when the spawn time is greater than .02 seconds. After that it will spawn every .2 seconds.

• tintrantintran Member Posts: 453

Functions are all good depending on what you want.
    If you want linear function you can use RabidParrot's method above (or the red function below).
    If you want ease-in ease-out function you can combine it with cosine values (blue function below)
    If you want a quick drop than slow down over time as it approaches zero you can use well I don't know what it's called (but it's the orange in below graph)...but here are 3 different functions that decrease over time and of course you can play around with the numbers to fit what you want at an online graphing calculator site like https://www.desmos.com/calculator
    In the below graphs, x would be your time values, and y would be how long your interval time is.

graphs are fun.