From PC to MAC, transfer or rebuild?

sparkaniasparkania Member, PRO Posts: 300

I searched the forum but I did not find any recent posts with any answers to this.

I create primarily with my PC (GS for Windows). I have a Mac for publishing on the Apple side.

I am wondering if someone has published a tutorial or forum thread about transferring a project from PC to Mac? Or do I have to rebuild on the Mac side?

Thanks

Comments

• CodeMonsterCodeMonster ACT, AustraliaMember Posts: 1,078

just change the end extension of the file to .gsproj
    my first ever game in gamesalad was a massive platformer game built with 20+ levels on a windows computer. i changed the file to .gsproj and it worked 100% on my mac.

though ill tag @The_Gamesalad_Guru , he should be able to clarify, incase i'm wrong. havn't done this in a very long time.

• sparkaniasparkania Member, PRO Posts: 300

do you mean the exported .zip to .gsproj ? because the PC folder already contains a .gsproj file.

I have not yet performed this transfer, I just want to make sure I get the details before I perform the transfer.

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

I don't use a PC but i know the windows version of Gamesalad has the ability to export to a mac project.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

Well I dove in.. exported from GS/PC to the Mac Zip file option. transferred to the Mac. Opened the Zip with the Mac built in Archive utility, the .gameproj appeared. Double clicked that.. and there it is... all good.

GS/Mac is laid out a bit different.. gonna take some getting used to...

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

Most of the videos on Gs are mac version so that should help. I have an intro to the interface video.

I'll have to give those a look.. I believe I will still primarily build on the PC, it's just really nice to know that the transfer can go so smoothly!

• QASaladQASalad Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 142

While most videos are "for mac" it's not like these concepts don't translate over to windows. It's only a different UI. They do the same things just in different places.

got that.. that's what I was referring to.. I just am not yet familiar with the layout (or Mac for that matter)