HD Game Trailers

ToastKittenToastKitten Member Posts: 360

I have five years of experience working with Final Cut Studio. I have the most updated version of the software and am capable of making a wide variety of promos. Just tell me what you want, and I can do it!

Since I don't have an express membership *yet* I cannot screen capture the game as it is played. If you can send me footage, I can make a polished trailer for you and your game :)

Comments

• scorelessmusicscorelessmusic Member Posts: 565
    Wow, that sounds like a tremendous offer on your part. :) What are your charges like?
  • ToastKittenToastKitten Member Posts: 360
    Well it depends on how I feel about what I've made for the client. If it's just the bee's knees of epic awesomeness, I'd say $25 or so. If its just an average trailer that I didn't put any style or form into ( just typical editing work ) I wouldn't say more than $5. So the price range I have in my head right now is $5-$25.

A large part of what will make the project successful is weather or not the client can get good capture footage or not. If I get some low res footage, I'll make a catchy trailer. But if I get high res footage for an awesome game, I'll probably be more inclined to make it as possible. Once again, when I'm able to purchase the express version of GS, I will be accountable for the video capture.

What charges would you have in mind? I'm fresh out of high school and haven't charged for any of my work before x]
  • AfterBurnettAfterBurnett Member Posts: 3,474
    I have around 10 years experience in editing, 6 or so of that in FCP... but for your prices I think it'll be easier and more cost efficient for me to hire you!

HAHAHA.
  • AfterBurnettAfterBurnett Member Posts: 3,474
    Oh and as a reference... a fairly new editor would be charging around 2k a week (That's NZ dollars, mind you) for TV jobs... so 5 bucks an edit is pretty cheap ;)

I've only ever edited out of necessity (I'm an actor and sound guy but have written and directed/edited quite few projects). Sound jobs I charge out between $450 (for boom swinging) and $1000 per day for sound recording... editing would probably be quite similar.

Don't undercut yourself! Or me... I offered my services on here too. HAHAHA. But like I said, I'll probably get you to do my trailers! Very slick!
  • reddotincreddotinc Member Posts: 653
    @ToastKitten what email address can I contact you on? :)

// Red Dot Inc
    @ reddotinc I can be contacted at:

TMitch0@gmail.com

This applies for everyone else too
  • PlaySysPlaySys Member Posts: 17
    @ Toastkitten you mean 5-25$ per trailer or per hour?
    Where are you located?
    @ PlaySys: My original plan was per trailer. However, due to the amount of time and effort I put into my last assignment, I would say the price range has jumped from $30-$40 per trailer.

In the end its all about the finished product and how the client feels about it. My first client and I workshopped with each other for about 3 hours to get the final product:

I had fun working with UtopianGames, they were great about knowing what they wanted. I'm sure they would tell you their thoughts about me and my services. If you're interested, you can contact me at:

Tmitch0@gmail.com
    Toast you there?
    ToastKitten provided us with an absolutely amazing trailer.. Great service and will definitely be using him again!

You'll see the trailer up here VERY soon :)

// Red Dot Inc
  • UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    Absolute pleasure and imo a bargain, nothing was too much trouble (my artist was very picky changing the slightest of things but nothing was too much trouble) and he worked through the night till about 6am if i remember because we needed it fast.

Very professional.

Highly recommend.

Darren.
    utopiangames said:
    He worked through the night till about 6am if i remember because we needed it fast.

Very professional.

Highly recommend.

Darren.

Yep, he just finished on ours at 7.50AM his time, having worked through the night! Fantastic work!

// Red Dot Inc
    Here's my second work for the GS Community:

I had an equally fun time working with reddot as I did with utopiangames! I think it's safe to say that I'm not satisfied until the customer is 100% satisfied with the project :)

If you're interested in my services and would like free no obligation quote, contact me at

TMitch0@gmail.com
  • chosenonestudioschosenonestudios Member Posts: 1,714
    ToastKitten said:
    Here's my second work for the GS Community:

I had an equally fun time working with reddot as I did with utopiangames! I think it's safe to say that I'm not satisfied until the customer is 100% satisfied with the project :)

If you're interested in my services and would like free no obligation quote, contact me at

TMitch0@gmail.com

Wow this is badass!
  • RHRH Member Posts: 1,079
    chosenonestudios said:
    Wow this is badass!

I agree! Love this video.
    Thank you guys so much, I'm really glad you've liked the work I've done so far :)

This is the update video I did for the update to Bumps 1.1 and the release of it's Lite version. As always it was a pleasure working Darren from UtopianGames, who always manages to pay strait the way :D It's part of what makes UG one of my favorite clients!

As always, if your'e interested in a trailer for your amazingly awesome game creation, you can contact me at:

Tmitch0@gmail.com