Why no folders?

charmxcharmx Member, PRO Posts: 4
edited January 2017 in Working with GS (PC)

I have a question. Is there a way to make folders in the media section? I need a way to organize my media. I am using alot of animations and there are hundreds of images imported yet no way to catagorize them. I would love it if someone could help me. thanks :)

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

As of right now, there is no way to create folders. It's a feature that has long been awaited. :)

• robertkdalerobertkdale USAMember Posts: 912

@charmx Yeah that feature isn't here yet. However you can simply create multiple Tags for your actors and place your animation inside those. That's what I do. Honestly, it's not as nice as having folders for image files but it's the best way to organize your in-game animations. :)

Big Smile Games Play Happy!
    Check out our other GameSalad exclusives.

• charmxcharmx Member, PRO Posts: 4

@robertkdale said:
    charmx Yeah that feature isn't here yet. However you can simply create multiple Tags for your actors and place your animation inside those. That's what I do. Honestly, it's not as nice as having folders for image files but it's the best way to organize your in-game animations. :)

But I need to import the images to the media section first dont I? And for a game that has alot of animations that would just be a complete mess.

• robertkdalerobertkdale USAMember Posts: 912
    edited July 2015

Perhaps, but it is the best way to organize your in game animations. Typically, I use dozens of animations in my game.

Firstly, I import each png. sequence into Game Salad.

Secondly, I place the image in an actor using the animation behavior.

Thirdly, I give the actor a unique ID and then I create a tag folder for the actor containing the animation.

Usually, I place similar animations into a Easily identifiable Tags, thus giving me quick access to the actor containing the animation that I need.

In sum it is a lot of extra work. However, until GS allows for imported images to be placed into folders tags are the best and only solution that we have.

Big Smile Games Play Happy!
    Check out our other GameSalad exclusives.

I didn't know you could upload png sequences? I have been uploading individual images 50 or 60 at a time.

could you upvote this if you want this fixed btw http://bugs.gamesalad.com/show_bug.cgi?id=767

• CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828
    edited July 2015

There are far more important things to work on at this time. What? I dont know? If only there was a list that showed most important to least important. Based off real votes. AND GS worked based off that list. But im gonna be Kermit on that and drink my tea.

• toomasemailtoomasemail Member, BASIC Posts: 1

Hi GS team. If you can add folders to Library section and do this all users will be happy! :)