Problems installing viewer

EwokPDEwokPD Member, PRO Posts: 35

Hello,

I am having issues installing game salad viewer on my devices and wondered if anyone could help.

I am running Gamesalad 13.32beta and viewer
Xcode 7.0 Beta 4
Mac OSX Yosemite 10.10.4

Target device's iPad Air 2 and iPad 2 both running iOS 8.4.

I have run through setting up Provisioning profiles, App ID etc and when it come to building the viewer on xCode i get an error and the build fails

ld: warning: directory not found for option '-L/H5/src/dirty/src/Players/viewer/viewer-distribution'
ld: warning: directory not found for option '-L/Users/stevej/gamesalad/src/Players/viewer/viewer-distribution'
ld: warning: -weak_framework is treated as -framework when used with -bitcode_bundle (Xcode setting ENABLE_BITCODE=YES). Weak linking may still happen based on availability mark-up in headers
ld: warning: -weak_framework is treated as -framework when used with -bitcode_bundle (Xcode setting ENABLE_BITCODE=YES). Weak linking may still happen based on availability mark-up in headers
ld: '/Users/SpencerMAC/Documents/GameSalad/viewer-distribution/libexpat.a(xmlparse.o)' does not contain bitcode. You must rebuild it with bitcode enabled (Xcode setting ENABLE_BITCODE), obtain an updated library from the vendor, or disable bitcode for this target. for architecture arm64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Am i running incompatible software somewhere above or does this error message mean i have set something up wrong. And if i have any idea what it might be? Spent two days trying to fix this so any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

Comments

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

You can't use beta xcode to install viewer or publish with. You must use an offical release of xcode as things aren't updated yet.

• EwokPDEwokPD Member, PRO Posts: 35

ok thank you, which version of X code do i need then? The version i had prior to the beta didn't support iOS 8.4 hence why i tried running beta.

I will try and find an official version that support 8.4.

And can now stop banging my head against a brick wall with the version i have :)

nvm 6.4 support it.... i had 6.3.1... will update now...

OK it turn out that my problem was X Code was not updating properly via the app store. Installing 6.4 simply reinstalled 6.3.1. Hence i still did not have support for iOS 8.4.

A full delete of Xcode and reinstall fixed the issue. Viewer now working - thanks again for pointing me in the right direction!