Version code for android is 1 wont update to 2

robertsbrosrobertsbros Member Posts: 5

Hi i published my app to the google play store but noticed i had a bug so i was going to push an update. Made the version changes generated the un-signed apk and signed it and began the upload to google. Google continually gives me the error 'You need to use a different version code for your APK because you already have one with version code 1.'

Anyone know what i should do?

Comments

• tintrantintran Member Posts: 453

Whenever I update I just increment both these numbers to 2 and 2.0 or 3 and 3.0 and so on and then generate APK.

• robertsbrosrobertsbros Member Posts: 5

yeah I've done that but google is still complaining that it is version 1 :/

edited July 2015

Google gave me that message once when I tried to make my
    version code 2 and
    public version 1.1 one time
    so I wasn't sure why it complained so from then i would always jump by whole numbers together.
    Also always delete your signed apk before you create a new one just in case you might upload the old signed apk, i did that once too...from then on whenever i want to generate a new apk or a signed one I would clear my downloads folder making sure there's no chance of me selecting the old file.

Ok I've made sure that I am selecting the most recent unsigned apk and signing that then uploading the most recent signed apk yet google still thinks it is version 1.

you should try upping both the numbers to version 3 and 3.0 and see if it still gives you that error.

Still get the version error :/

• GeorgeGSGeorgeGS Member, PRO Posts: 478

Are you generating a new apk after you change the version then downloading and signing it before you're submitting to the store?

yes i made my changes in gamesalad published to my portfolio changed the version numbers, then i generated the new apk and downloaded the unsigned apk then signed it then i attempt to submit store but i still get the version number needs to be diffrent then 1 error