Create a moving platform for player to land on

butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
I tried creating a moving platform, and when the player lands on it, she will jiggle for a bit, and then fall through the platform, whereas when the platform is not moving, the player lands on it just fine.

My goal is to make either a platform that moves once the player lands on it, and also create platforms that move back and forth, and the player must time the jump to go from place to place.

Any ideas?

Comments

• scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    I would try making a global boolean attribute ("platmove")

Then I would create some rules:

When player collides with platform change platmove to true

Then in both the player and the platform (so they move together) I would place a rule that says:

when platmove = true

move back and forth (use the wiki - there is a good entry about moving back and forth)
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    I created a global game attribute (boolean) moveplatform

Under player actor:

Rule: When collides with "MovingPlatform"
    Change attribute: Game.moveplatform to true

Timer: For 3 seconds: Move: speed 50 additive and relative to actor

Under moving platform actor:

I put rule:

When game.movingplatform is true:

Timer: for 3 seconds

Move: speed 50, additive, relative to actor

What happens is she moves with the platform, but once it stops moving, she falls through it

How can I have her move with the platform, but once it stops, keep her standing on it?

Also: I wanted more flexibility with her being able to jump before the platform stops moving, but she is stifled by the rules of the platform movement, is this the only solution to do this?
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    Is there another solution that would allow the player to jump off the platform before it stops moving? OR is this the only way