New route to marketing my apps

Player_EPlayer_E Member, PRO Posts: 604

So, I figured I'd start a Youtube channel that features game that my daughter and I like to play on our iDevices. Its called Daddy Daughter Game Time and our first video is up, you can check it out here:

The goal is to gather some kind of following (couple hundred people) and I can start to feature my own apps on the cannel and even some other GS community apps.

In order to gain the following I realize that I will probably have to initially feature games that people care about playing, so for now I have uploaded a video for the rather new (to U.S. app store) Dragonball Z Dokkan Battle.

Please check it out and give the channel a subscribe if you think it is something that could work out and would possibly like your app featured one day.

Thanks for taking the time to read :)

Comments

• GnarlyGnarly canadaMember Posts: 840

Nice idea. Good luck

• ookami007ookami007 Member Posts: 581

I love innovative thinking!

• Player_EPlayer_E Member, PRO Posts: 604

Great to hear that some of you guys like the idea! always good to have encouragement from people.

We just uploaded the newest video this morning. Anyone have any input on things we could be doing better?

I would like to add audio to express our thoughts while we play, but i'm trying to decide if it would be appropriate to have my daughter speaking on the videos. I know its harmless, but it's one of those parental decisions that has to be made.

• hzappshzapps Member, PRO Posts: 173

very nice idea. I just launched Flip N Flap. and love the concept

What is Flip N Flap, is it a youtube channel?

• Thunder_ChildThunder_Child Member Posts: 2,343

Lol. I thought about doing that once. Review games...get followers and then review my own game.

Sneaky but..hope it works for you.

Not exactly trying to review the games, but more of the "Lets play" stuff that is around. Just showing people how to beat the levels etc

Update, so my channel has been up for almost 4 days now and I have managed to total almost 400 views (and 1 subscriber lol). This is a pretty good success for me considering I seem to always have pretty bad results with other routes that I have tried.

I will journey on and continue to post the videos.

Would it be considered ok for me to continue to post updates when I release a video in this thread?

• tintrantintran Member Posts: 453

average 100 views a day is pretty good start.

Our third video is out, you can check it out here:

So far we have about 40 views on it and it comes with our first subscriber :)

Anyone else is free to subscribe to help the cause, in the end the ultimate goal is to be able to play some GS community games on the channel

The latest video is out, we decided to add the voice over to the video, but still have not made the decision to let me daughters voice be all over the internet.

Please subscribe to help build the channel

check it out here: