Download FREE projects without an account at GSHelper.com!

Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
edited November 2015 in Community Tutorials

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to take a moment to let you in on something really cool. We have many generous users in this community who create dozens of projects and share them freely on the forums. Many of these users have expressed their desire to upload these projects to GSHelper.com but suggest that we do not require users to login before downloading the project. Today, we’re happy to announce that free projects can be downloaded by anyone without being logged in or being required to create an account!

In regards to creating and uploading projects, nothing has changed. Simply create a product, title it, give it a brief description, upload a 300x300 product image, set the price to free and then upload your project. It’s extremely simple. You can even upload a video of the demo in action!

Uploading your free demos on GSHelper.com will make it easier for people to find and reference in the future. This has been something we’ve wanted to do for a long time and we hope to see your free projects hosted on http://GSHelper.com !

Comments

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685
    edited August 2015

Great Idea Braydon. Here is a couple of my personal freebies available on GSHelper.com:

(Click Each Image to Download for FREE!)

">

">

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

The website looks really nice, i like the "Gamesalad Purple" theme.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

Good stuff Braydon_SFX ! :)

• JSprojectJSproject Member Posts: 730

@Braydon_SFX that's great :) I like the new logo "Serve some GameSalad" also, some thought behind that one and nice design, well done!

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,332

Really glad to see it! Looking forward to uploading some stuff!

• LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,880

Does this mean I don't get a mail when someone downloaded a free asset? Would be nice to notify your venders beforehand.

• neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826
  • PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

I coined a new acronym... OGSH: obsessive GameSalad hoarder. I'm greedy and download everything, file it away and only get around to examining a fraction of it! :naughty:

@LumpApps said:
    Does this mean I don't get a mail when someone downloaded a free asset? Would be nice to notify your venders beforehand.

It's worth noting that the vendor can specify for each release if they want to force the downloader to go through the shopping cart. If you just check "Downloadable" with a price of 0, the shopping cart will still be used and you'll still get an email notification. If you check "Virtual item" as well, then the shopping cart will be bypassed.

I personally love the change. I love that no login or sign-up is needed, and I love not getting endless emails :D The change to no longer requiring a signup spurred me to upload a bunch of free stuff, and I plan to upload lots more. I personally refuse to use any site to provide free downloads that requires a login to download something. It's free, it shouldn't be arbitrarily restricted.

• ffatopffatop Member, PRO Posts: 37

very good stuff and completely free B)
    thanks GShelper

• ThoPelThoPel GermanyMember, PRO Posts: 184
    edited August 2015

@Braydon_SFX @uptimistik Since 3 days GSHelper.com is buggy. This morning a new error:

• GSAnimatorGSAnimator Member Posts: 312

I believe GSHelper is going to give us a Big surprise :)

@Armelline said:
    I personally refuse to use any site to provide free downloads that requires a login to download something. It's free, it shouldn't be arbitrarily restricted.

Agree 100%!

If it supposed to be free, then it should be.

Too many have Affiliate accounts, BS landing pages, site links to other product/services, all peppered with ads and... CNW!

• ClockworkGamesClockworkGames Member, PRO Posts: 3

The only problem with free downloads without an account, is the ability for anyone (or bot) in the world to download without any restriction, therefore creating a massive load on the server offering those downloads.
    It needs to have some kind of limitations surely.

I want GSHelper to be around for all to enjoy and wouldn't want some random script downloading stuff constantly, spoiling it for everyone on a daily basis.

It sounds like a good idea providing it's protected for any abnormal or abusive use.

@ClockworkGames said:
    The only problem with free downloads without an account, is the ability for anyone (or bot) in the world to download without any restriction, therefore creating a massive load on the server offering those downloads.
    It needs to have some kind of limitations surely.

I want GSHelper to be around for all to enjoy and wouldn't want some random script downloading stuff constantly, spoiling it for everyone on a daily basis.

It sounds like a good idea providing it's protected for any abnormal or abusive use.

If a bot is going to download things constantly from a site, it doesn't need to be downloadable files. Just reloading a page endlessly will have the same effect. If downloads are behind a login, the bot can either create a login, or can just pick an image on the site and download that over and over again.

@uptimistik said:
    And we're back! Finishing up integration of a new ticket system, but purchases and your account history is available.

Cool. I was going to PM you guys yesterday to say the site was still down because I wanted to refer some colleagues to $ templates. But, money making business on my end (not apps or games) took precedence! I'll send them there now.

• Thunder_ChildThunder_Child Member Posts: 2,343

Oh those DOS days in our servers...such a pain to deal with. Sifting through hundreds of IP's. Ugh !