how to not let an actor pass another

tamal644tamal644 Member Posts: 65
edited August 2015 in Working with GS (PC)

i am making a spaceship game and i need to make sure that the player isnt able to move the ship off screen. i was thinking about putting transparent walls on either side of the screen, and if that is a good idea, please tell me how to not let the ship go past the wall

Comments

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited August 2015

If you provide some details then it's going to be easier for people to offer suggestions, as it is all people would be doing is making guesses about how your game works, maybe the spaceship moves back and forth from left to right (like Space invaders?), maybe it's using change velocity, maybe it follows a random path or way points or is dragged by the user's finger or you are using on screen buttons to control its motion (etc etc) ?

• tamal644tamal644 Member Posts: 65

if your finger is on the right side of the screen, then the ship moves right. if on the left, it moves left. it stays on one line along the x axis

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@tamal644 said:
    if your finger is on the right side of the screen, then the ship moves right. if on the left, it moves left. it stays on one line along the x axis

How is the ship moving (constrain, move, move to, interpolate, change velocity . . . etc) ?

What is the size of your scene (what device is it for) ?

move, ipad portrait

HELP!!!!

• GeorgeGSGeorgeGS Member, PRO Posts: 478

I think I've mentioned this before, but a meaningful subject line would probably bring more attention to your questions.