Not Student Friendly

After a few updates I started to get annoyed on why would you want us to be always online when creating something...
Now.. you want us to pay just to open our work like are you serious.... You already have the pro version for it...
I'm in my last year of Creative Technology and I'm using GameSalad to study game design without coding because I'm a visual arts student.. I was suppose to exhibit the game on November.. But after the updates, I have to do it again in a different program because you guys won't even let me open my work.. I don't even need to publish it... I just want to show my work and let people play it.. So thank you... Thank you for making me fail.. I'm gonna use Stencyl

Comments

• jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584

Yawn.

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon

• HopscotchHopscotch Member, PRO Posts: 2,782
    edited August 2015

@vanthursday, how much do you spend on recreational stuff a month, as a student? Now think again who is making you fail if you choose not to invest the $10 in your future career.

• kobayaashikobayaashi Member, PRO Posts: 143

@vanthursday : I doubt many students, intent on getting a decent education, would refuse to pay for textbooks and resources associated with a course, so why an issue over a piece of software which can be purchased for a small one-off price for just one month (Just $19.00 for November, when you wanted to showcase your talents)? I understand that sometimes people can be financially stretched, but would it not have been worth the $19.00 to be able to showcase your work in the way you'd hoped to?

• vanthursdayvanthursday Member Posts: 6

I only get $30 dollars every week and I spend $20 for transport...
    I owe the government alot of money and my parents don't even help me for my study...
    The only reason I used this is because it was free.. now they gonna charge me for it... I don't even have a internet bank account.. so go ahead laugh..

• HopscotchHopscotch Member, PRO Posts: 2,782
    edited August 2015

@vanthursday, I am not laughing, as this concerns an outlook on life.

With student discount it is $10 a month for you.

There is always a way to either make or save an extra $10 a month. Take the initiative, do some great window posters for the local bakery for some extra pocket money. Soon you'll get request from all over, plus money for something you love to do.

Give the tools you use to build your life the same recognition as you will expect later on for your own work.