Need Help Publishing

Hey Gamesalad community,
So I think I am ready to publish but I have run into a few road blocks.
So I can't sign for an android app unless I am on a mac. This would not be a problem except I can't seem to convert a pc game salad file to the mac. There is also the problem of zip align which I can only do after the app is signed.
I could really use some help, thanks.

Krewic Gaming.

Comments

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

You don't have to use a Mac to sign your Android App, you only need to use a Mac if you are publishing iOS apps. I don't use a PC so I can't offer any specific instructions though I'm afraid...

• krewic gamingkrewic gaming Member, PRO Posts: 19

@jamie_c Hey thanks for replying
    I am trying for both android and iOS it says that I have to be on a mac no matter what
    you wouldn't know of any way that I could just move from pc to mac do you?

• GeorgeGSGeorgeGS Member, PRO Posts: 478

You don't need to be on a Mac to publish from Creator for either Android or iOS. You do need to have access to a Mac to sign and upload your iOS file to the app store. Andoid can be signed and uploaded from either Windows or Mac.

Can you explain where you're seeing this "Mac Required" message?

@GeorgeGS When I click the sign APK button for android publishing it says
    The page at publish.gamesalad.com says:

You must sign your app from a compatible apple macintosh with game salad creator installed
    Its probably just something really stupid that I missed but any help is appreciated thanks,
    Krewic Gaming

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,134

That seems like a bug. I'll look into it.

• GeorgeGSGeorgeGS Member, PRO Posts: 478

What you can do in the meantime is download the apk and open the signing window manually inside Creator.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,134

Thanks, @krewic gaming ! Looked into it and we think it's fixed! (I don't have a Windows machine on hand to test so I'll do it after dinner).

edited August 2015

@adent42 Hey thanks for actively trying to make gamesalad a better place. Not everyone shares your ethic when it comes to upkeep to something like this

@GeorgeGS I tried that about a week ago and it didn't work out so well. I will let you know if I run into anything this time, thanks.
    Krewic Gaming