When making an image "Tile" is doesnt Appear? Help Needed

Whenever I make my image (which is a platform) "tile" it doesn't appear in the game or rather appears transparent but still functions. Any help?

Comments

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

There is no attribute or setting called 'tile', maybe upload a screenshot of the issue ?

• ElDaltonElDalton Member Posts: 21

@Socks said:
    There is no attribute or setting called 'tile', maybe upload a screenshot of the issue ?

Not much an image would do to help with my issue, when I edit the "graphics" section on my actor and change the vertical and horizontal "stretch" to "tile" the image fails to appear in the test screen and appears invisible

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@DaltonSilko said:
    Not much an image would do to help with my issue . . .

Apologies if English is not your first language, but these sentences are pretty mysterious, maybe it's just me (I'm crap at intepreting vague language) ?

@DaltonSilko said:
    when I edit the "graphics" section on my actor and change the vertical and horizontal "stretch" to "tile" the image fails to appear in the test screen and appears invisible

Test screen ? Do you mean when you press the preview button your image does not appear on the actor you have placed it on - and this issue only happens when you change the wrap mode to 'tile' ?

Are these two issues . . . . "the image fails to appear in the test screen" . . . and . . . "appears invisible" . . . the same thing issue, just expressed in two different ways ?

• ElDaltonElDalton Member Posts: 21

@Socks said:
    Are these two issues . . . . "the image fails to appear in the test screen" . . . and . . . "appears invisible" . . . the same thing issue, just expressed in two different ways ?

Sorry about the quick response, and yes English is my first language haha. Let me be more clear..

I have a platform actor with an assigned image. The image I made for the actor is about 50x50. When I stretch the actor it distorts the image (because it's on the stretched setting) so I changed the graphics property in the actor to display the image tiled vertically and horizontally. This makes it so the actor stretched will have multiple tiled images instead of a single stretched one. However, when I set my actor to tile the image when I preview it it appears to now, instead of being tiled, becomes transparent. The actor is still there, but seems like it fails to show my image. And yes they are the same issue.

• GeorgeGSGeorgeGS Member, PRO Posts: 478

What version of Creator are you using? I just tested this with 13.34 and it works for me.

I'd suggest upgrading if you have an older version as the preview engine changed and might work better for you.

If you already have the latest version then we'll probably need to see a small project that demonstrates the incorrect behavior. You can zip it up and attach it here or publish it and post the link so we can download it.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,351
    edited August 2015

I've seen this happen before, lots of times. When you select "Tiled" for the "Horizontal Wrap" and "Vertical Wrap", it will not show the image in Creator. It does show up in game when I preview, though, so I may be talking about a slightly different issue. I haven't checked if this is true in the latest version, but was definitely true in the previous version.

Edit: Can confirm that the problem still happens in the latest version. Will make a bug with steps to reproduce. Re-reading the thread though, I think I'm talking about something slightly different.

http://bugs.gamesalad.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1327