iPad Testing

dmilinovichiiidmilinovichiii Member Posts: 620
Before you go looking to get paid, I'm just looking for someone to do this as a favor for me. I know someone will call me cheap, but I'm just 14 and I would have no way to pay you. So here's what I need:

I just spent the last few days porting my game "Galactic Defender" to iPad so I can get in the iPad market. The problem is that I don't own one or have access to one. I was wondering if anyone would go through and test my app for me if I email them my project file. I'm OK with more than one person testing also as it will increase the chances of bugs being found. Just reply to this post with your e-mail, and I'll e-mail you the file.

Comments

• JCFordJCFord Member Posts: 785
    I don't own one yet so cannot offer any help. I know its not the same as the real thing, but have you tested on the GS ipad simulator via Xcode?
  • dmilinovichiiidmilinovichiii Member Posts: 620
    JCFord said:
    I don't own one yet so cannot offer any help. I know its not the same as the real thing, but have you tested on the GS ipad simulator via Xcode?

No for multiple reasons.
    1. Don't know how to export game files to Xcode (could you explain how)
    2. Game uses mostly accelerometers
    3. I want to know how smoothly the game runs with the iPad's possessor
    4. It doesn't feel quite the same
    Thanks for the suggestion though.
    Hello?
    Anyone?
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    I have no iPad, and have never tried running on a simulator, so can't help you there - sorry.

What I do want to say, in as non-condescending a way as possible - GOOD FOR YOU.

Too many people release their games with minimal testing. Some have never tried it on an actual device.

For you to be aware that you really need to know if it works on the device you're targeting is bloody marvelous, and your efforts to do so should not go unheard I hope!

I wish more people thought the way you do, and would help you if I could (but, alas, no iPad!) Best of luck to you!

QS :D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

Anyone willing with an iPad out there?
    Ok. I give up. This was my last hope. I'll give it 30 more minutes then I'm posting my app untested if no one else responds :(
  • SethsAppsSethsApps Member, PRO Posts: 328
    Sorry man, Ive been out running and then had to eat but I have an iPad and I would be more than happy to test if you havent submitted or even if you have.
  • peachpellenpeachpellen Member Posts: 977
    Have you submitted it? If not, get in touch with me - my user name at gmail.com.

I'll test for you if you need it :)