Mac Creator Release 0.13.36 is available

Comments

• HopscotchHopscotch Member, PRO Posts: 2,782

@Lost_Oasis_Games, does the table/displaytext problem only occur the first time there is a table update or also on all subsequent table updates?

Why I ask, I have noticed that the table update does not always populate the data on the very first transfer. Subsequent data transfers go fine.

• After this update I am getting lots of crashes :S now need to save project every minute ..

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334

I'm pretty sure most of my crashes are happening after editing a table and the hitting preview (sometimes returning to the previous actor, sometimes directly from the table).

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

We have some builds we are currently testing that have a bunch of fixes for crashes. We could use some more eyes on the build if any one is interesting in helping test a preview build PM me and we will get you set up.

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

@Hopscotch said:
    Lost_Oasis_Games, does the table/displaytext problem only occur the first time there is a table update or also on all subsequent table updates?

Why I ask, I have noticed that the table update does not always populate the data on the very first transfer. Subsequent data transfers go fine.

I'll have to do a test.

• DuesDues Member Posts: 1,159
    edited August 2015

The creator crashes every time when using the get table from url feature... Weird thing is that its only the get table from url I put in my project after I updated that seems to crash the creator..

Edit:
    Bug 1344

@DuesI think we may have a fix for that we are testing in a build tonight. If you would like to help test PM me.

• As_Of_LatteAs_Of_Latte Member, BASIC Posts: 343

@BlackCloakGS I don't want to be "that guy" but any possible update for when video reward ads may be integrated into GameSalad? Would love to set this up using ChartBoost and it deeply saddens us this still isn't available :'(

@Hopscotch said:
    Lost_Oasis_Games, does the table/displaytext problem only occur the first time there is a table update or also on all subsequent table updates?

I did a test and even after the first update after scene change the change of data doesn't get reflected unless a scene change happens. I can see the updated data in the debug so I know the tables are being updated.

• FajlajpFajlajp Member Posts: 666

I can´t use the playstogether... It´s just "my own server" that you can enable.
    Anyone that knows why?

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

@Fajlajp said:
    I can´t use the playstogether... It´s just "my own server" that you can enable.
    Anyone that knows why?

playstogether is only coming when both mac and windows have it, right now it's slated for 0.14 i think

• RabidParrotRabidParrot Formally RabidParrot. Member Posts: 956

Is there a way we could get a list of the language abbreviations. Will "en" be viewed the same as an "en-GB"?

edited August 2015

@RabidParrot said:
    Is there a way we could get a list of the language abbreviations. Will "en" be viewed the same as an "en-GB"?

This is such a bugbear of mine. It's so condescending that English, spoken in England, is referred to as en-GB and not en, while English, spoken in the USA, is referred to as en, and not en-US. (As a general rule, not specifically related to GS.)

edited August 2015

@Armelline said:
    This is such a bugbear of mine. It's so condescending that English, spoken in England, is referred to as en-GB and not en, while English, spoken in the USA, is referred to as en, and not en-US. (As a general rule, not specifically related to GS.)

Yea, that doesn't make sense to me either and I live in the US. Anyways, I wonder if setting a language to en will allow the en-GB user to see the text in english also.

I've found multiple list for the abbreviations but I don't want to assume that they are correct.

@RabidParrot said:
    Yea, that doesn't make sense to me either and I live in the US. Anyways, I wonder if setting a language to en will allow the en-GB user to see the text in english also.

As a rule of thumb, yes, it will, but with American spelling differences (e.g. color/colour) that are the main differences.

Only testing will confirm if this is true for GameSalad.

• ThoPelThoPel GermanyMember, PRO Posts: 184
    edited August 2015

@RabidParrot said:

I would take a look to the os specific docs:
    Android
    iOS
    Both use the ISO 639-1 standard which only supports language codes in two-letter lowercase format.

But do not lose sight of the script languages! :) E.g.

iOS
    zh-Hans = Chinese in the simplified script.
    zh-Hant = Chinese in the traditional script.

Android
    zh_CN = Chinese in the simplified script.
    zh_TW = Chinese in the traditional script.

As @Armelline said: "This is such a bugbear of mine."

• GeorgeGSGeorgeGS Member, PRO Posts: 478

@RabidParrot said:

I assume you mean for the attribute? We just pass along what the OS tells us.

• RossmanBrothersGamesRossmanBrothersGames Member Posts: 659

Question, does anyone know how the current builds are doing with iOS 9. My game is just about ready to release, but I am wondering if I am going to run into some issues if I release around the time of the new os.

The last time we tested every thing worked fine on iOS 9

• ForumNinjaForumNinja Key Master, Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 554

I was messing around with the platform attributes on different devices, and it looks like for iOS devices we get the 2 letter codes (639-1), while on Android we get 3 letter codes.

Here's a list of the codes over on Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ISO_639-1_codes

Here's a couple example images:

That first one is using an iPhone 5c with English/US set.

This second one is using a Nexus 7 with German(Deutsch) set.

@BlackCloakGS said:
    The last time we tested every thing worked fine on iOS 9

Awesome, thanks for the response

edited August 2015

@ForumNinja said:
    while on Android we get 3 letter codes.

@BlackCloakGS Could you use the Android "getISOLanguages" method?
    It would be a horror, if iOS uses ISO 639-1 and Android ISO 639-2!

I should also note when I use the term multiplayer I'm referring to playstogther.

@ForumNinja said:
    I was messing around with the platform attributes on different devices, and it looks like for iOS devices we get the 2 letter codes (639-1), while on Android we get 3 letter codes.

Here's a list of the codes over on Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ISO_639-1_codes

Here's a couple example images:

That first one is using an iPhone 5c with English/US set.

This second one is using a Nexus 7 with German(Deutsch) set.

Thanks!

@ThoPel file a bug with us about the fact that android and iOS don't use the same number of letters for region and language .
    getISOLanguages will not work that give you a list of languages not the current one.

Once we get the crashes fix we will circle back to fix this.

@BlackCloakGS Okay, opend the ticket 1352

Sorry, for the cut&paste error with "getISOLanguages", I meant getLanguage() which is directly below in the android docs.

@RossmanBrothersGames said:
    Question, does anyone know how the current builds are doing with iOS 9. My game is just about ready to release, but I am wondering if I am going to run into some issues if I release around the time of the new os.

Just tested our games on ios9 and works awesome. The most recent update we had was when the IAP was changed when ios8 was introduced.

@Lost_Oasis_Games so good to know. Thanks! I appreciate it.

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390
    edited August 2015

@Armelline said:

No matter, we can understand both of you, it's just you both have difficulty with en-AU, which is actually called strine! :joy:

• As_Of_LatteAs_Of_Latte Member, BASIC Posts: 343

@BlackCloakGS Did you ever get a chance to look at my previous comment?

I don't want to be "that guy" but any possible update for when video reward ads may be integrated into GameSalad? Would love to set this up using ChartBoost and it deeply saddens us this still isn't available :'(

I struggle greatly with GameSalad in the fact ChartBoost video reward ads aren't available. I actually had several meetings with ChartBoost this week and they even said it's a shame GameSalad still isn't offering video reward ads...

One game who utilized/popularized the video reward ad system was Crossy Road, now with over 100,000,000 downloads and an estimated net worth of $70,000,000!

Wouldn't this video reward ad system be a great tool to market to developers and bring in new customers? It's almost to a point where not having this available is quickly pushing us away...

It would be a HUGE step in monetizing our games, knowing that 1 video reward ad could return $7.00(minimum) per view in revenue towards the developer!

Just a thought :)