AI movement on a grid. Expert needed(Paid)

Anyone who is an expert on AI movement on a grid, then drop me a message and your hourly rates. My grid movement is solely based on this formula http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/56974/free-snap-to-grid-tutorial-template-some-community-love

IMPORTANT NOTE: I cannot pay with paypal, so if you can only receive money through paypal then I won't be able to pay you. Thanks.

If you are interested, then I'll send you my project file with what I am currently working on, and Instructions with it.

Comments

• ThoPelThoPel GermanyMember, PRO Posts: 184

Perhaps you should describe your problem / request?

• GameAlchemistGameAlchemist Member Posts: 106

Ok. I want my AI to be moving by sticking to the wall/anything it is colliding with, but the thing is whenever my AI sees that there is an obstacle IN FRONT of then then it sticks on that platform, and my AI should not be moving in the air, it should always stick to a wall/obstacle. I will try to make images as instructions but it is a little hard to explain here unless I hand over the file and make you see what I am doing.

I'll make the instructions once I get home from after job.

• ApprowApprow Member Posts: 703

what kind of an AI are you talking about? Like dodging projectiles or calculating the quickest path to something and avoid obstacles etc?

just a normal AI roaming around the screen. It shouldn't dodge anything, only stick to the wall and keep moving. And if there is no place to move then it should rotate 180 degree and stick to the other wall and keep moving. And since walls/obstacles are a major part of my game, the AI will prevent the character from completing a task by appearing infront of the wall.

edited August 2015

Hey guys, Please take a look at these images. basically the RED BOX that you see which has a yellow and blue box attached to it is the AI. You can see inside the images, the black lines is the movement of my AI and I want to to loop around and move exactly as I have specified in the images attached(which it's not). Currently my AI is moving fine but not exactly as I want it to.

I will pay around $40-$80 if someone can fix the issue, but my problem is that I CANNOT pay with paypal. So if you have any alternative, then please do let me know and I'll send you my source file.

By the way https://quickbooks.intuit.com/ is a very good source to send invoices. You won't need any kind of membership on it. You just have to start a free trial and send me an invoice.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

I'll throw in a comment here - I've looked at his project and experimented a little, and it should definitely be fixable with a budget of $40-80. Unfortunately I've yet to find a way for @GameAlchemist to pay that suits us both, so I've been unable to undertake the work. If you are happy using QuickBooks or can find a good alternative, what he needs done is reasonable within his budget.

Thanks @Armelline . I just wish I had Paypal :(

• RThurmanRThurman Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 2,879
    edited August 2015

@RThurman said:
    Wouldn't the PathFind Behavior work?

What he needs done is actually slightly different due to other considerations. Mainly, though, he wants the enemy to move around blocks, always touching a block. The pathfind behaviour would have the enemy move across empty space. I suppose he could make a table of empty paths the enemy can move along, but by that point you're putting in more effort than just doing it another way.

Ah... he wants the actor to crawl around a maze -- but always keeping the wall to the right (or left) of the actor?

Yes wall must always be on the left @RThurman :)

edited August 2015

I'll just do it. If he finds a way to pay, great. If not, well, I've spent long enough talking to him about this now that it seems absurd not to just do it.

Edit: And done. File sent to @GameAlchemist for him to see if it does what he wants. I've asked that instead of paying me he sends me something cool from his country. Hopefully he's happy with this arrangement! If not, well I spent an hour on an interesting problem and he got some free work done :tongue:

@Armelline said:
    I'll just do it.

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar!

Thank you very much @Armelline . Your help is appreciated. I'll find a way to pay you in any way possible. And I'll try to send you some very tasty, dipped in sugar sweets from my country. :D