Fnaf fan-game. How to move animatronics

Hi! I'm kind of new to gs and my friend had an amazing idea for a fnaf fan game. So we are going to work on one. But I have a few questions. The animatronics should move when a timer goes up and then move to one of any available camera screen they can go to. How would I go about doing that? Also, if the main scene isn't the one selected, will other scenes continue to operate? Thanks for any help you can give me ;)

Comments

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@Wllew4Games said:
    The animatronics should move when a timer goes up and then move to one of any available camera screen they can go to.

Your question is quite vague, what do you mean by 'a timer goes up' or 'available camera screens' ?

@Wllew4Games said:
    if the main scene isn't the one selected, will other scenes continue to operate?

No, while you are in one scene the other scenes are not operating (running their rules).

• GnarlyGnarly canadaMember Posts: 840

The animatronics should move when a timer goes up and then move to one of any available camera screen they can go to.

This probably makes sense to you when you are watching it on the screen but to someone on the other side of the world it's not clear.

Take your time and try and ask the question with all details as if we know nothing of your game. Because we don't.

• Wllew4GamesWllew4Games Member Posts: 34

I think the animatronics could operate on a timer (varying between nights), and when the timer reaches a certain number, it moves to a new location on the cameras

Actually, think I figured it out. But if anyone has suggestions… Thanks!

edited September 2015

@Wllew4Games said:
    . . . . . if anyone has suggestions… Thanks!

I'm not sure you'll get a lot of input as your questions are so mysterious ! :smile:

For example, what is a 'new location on the cameras' or a 'timer varying between nights', introducing concepts without explaining what they are makes it difficult to understand what it is you are trying to achieve.

So, the problems I'm having are in when the animatronics can move. So there's a timer, and when it reaches a certain level, the animatronic can move to a new area. I'm hoping there's a way so that the time when they move wont be always at the same rate and the varying changes between nights

Sorry if you still can't understand what I mean. It's hard to explain

• HonestGameSaladHonestGameSalad Member Posts: 16

So you are trying to make five nights at Freddie's? ... You can try to ask another member of the forums that made a game like this. Called Five Nights at the Asylum

@HonestGameSalad said:
    So you are trying to make five nights at Freddie's? ... You can try to ask another member of the forums that made a game like this. Called Five Nights at the Asylum

Ok thanks! I am making a fan game so I will definitely do that. Who made it?

@Wllew4Games said:
    Ok thanks! I am making a fan game so I will definitely do that. Who made it?

I searched them and found it actually tho.

I was also wondering if anyone new how to make a button to toggle an attribute between two variables? I need to know this for doors and lights because I don't want extra buttons just 1 toggler for each

@Wllew4Games said:
    I was also wondering if anyone new how to make a button to toggle an attribute between two variables? I need to know this for doors and lights because I don't want extra buttons just 1 toggler for each

Make an integer attribute 'A'

When touch is pressed change A to 1-A

@Socks said:

I want to make it so that it can change back too.

edited September 2015

@Wllew4Games said:

Yes, did you try the suggestion above ?

@Wllew4Games said:

Or does that work with that and I'm just being stupid xD

I didn't try it yet. I will now tho

Is A would I should put or is that just a variable?

I'm confused. When I change the attribute on touch, what do I set it to to toggle between 1 and 0?

This discussion got off topic so I made a new one for toggling help and the moving animatronics one will stay here

edited September 2015

@Wllew4Games said:
    I'm confused. When I change the attribute on touch, what do I set it to to toggle between 1 and 0?

Change attribute self.A to 1-self.A

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

1-0 = 1

1-1 = 0

1-0 = 1

1-1 = 0

1-0 = 1

1-1 = 0

. . . etc