Guru Videos slowly getting restored

I've gotten a lot of emails about where my videos went. I've started editing them to meet compliance with gamesalad trademark issues. I'm doing a couple a day. Did the first two today. I had to redo my opening and since I say "another gamesalad tutorial" I did a audio where I say another video on gamesalad" And also saying the guru instead of the gamesalad guru. Now that I have that media created editing is faster do. It's just the exporting and uploading that takes a bit. Keep watching the channel as it comes back online. Thanks.

Comments

• RabidParrotRabidParrot Formally RabidParrot. Member Posts: 956

Awesome!

• colandercolander Member Posts: 1,610

That's a big job, you have a ton of vids to do. Really happy they will still be available, they cover a wide range of topics. I use your channel a lot as a reference library as I am sure many others do and I also refer people to it. Thanks for all your effort I for one appreciate it, +1 Awesome.

• UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    edited September 2015

You have lots of free tutorial videos and we have lots of free templates and yet GS doesn't want their users to see them and would rather take legal action...strange company when we have content we have put together foc and for the good of the community.

• robertkdalerobertkdale USAMember Posts: 912

@Lost_Oasis_Games That’s great news!

Thank you for all of the hard work and sharing your knowledge! It is greatly appreciate as the GS community has learned a great deal from your wonderful videos. :)

Big Smile Games Play Happy!
    Check out our other GameSalad exclusives.

• NimbleBugNimbleBug Member Posts: 483
  • LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

This is great news for the entire community. Many thanks @Lost_Oasis_Games

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    edited September 2015

As many of you know I have spent lots of hours on playstogether multiplayer and I'm the only one working on it. I've built a template I plan on selling along with a written guide and video series. If I kept my videos the old way I wouldn't be able to market my stuff with the name/image I created and the brand of honesty and integrity I worked hard to establish with the Guru name. all I've done over these 5 years was for the community, it was for all of you my fellow game makers and not for gamesalad corporate. You guys always take the time to say thank you and such. GS has never thanked me once. Yet over the years the included my videos in emails, sold their product on community support as a feature and built an academy as a selling point for users to put up lessons. Never look a gift horse in the mouth.

I should also add they did offer to pay me to do videos for them but I turned it down as I want to remain an independent voice. I never want to be accused of being in someone's pocket. I am my own man and like it that way. Money isn't everything.

+1 Dave, I also turned down the paid videos offer.

• dgackeydgackey Austin, TXInactive, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 699

Sorry to hear you feel that way, Dave. When you and I spoke a few months ago, I thought I made it clear how much I appreciated your work and that I wouldn't have come to you if I didn't have that level of respect for it.

I don't really know the details of what happened when I handed off the project to the marketing guy we were working with, but it sounds like it wasn't good. I certainly apologize for that and the way you were treated.

Dan Magaha · COO · GameSalad, Inc · danm@gamesalad.com

edited September 2015

@dgackey said:
    Sorry to hear you feel that way, Dave. When you and I spoke a few months ago, I thought I made it clear how much I appreciated your work and that I wouldn't have come to you if I didn't have that level of respect for it.

I don't really know the details of what happened when I handed off the project to the marketing guy we were working with, but it sounds like it wasn't good. I certainly apologize for that and the way you were treated.

I had a conversation with him and then radio silence for six months from you guys. Not even a hey Dave we dropped the idea, nothing. Then the academy is started and I'm invited to post stuff for free. Heck I took the high road and didn't bring up that just months ago I was offered to be paid and just did it for the community. I did exactly what I told the marketing guy we should do, a how to make a simple game series. Then the trade mark stuff and being accused of taking a side or that I was in someone's camp, which was never true. Then bang, I get offered to get paid again for my videos. I said how I believed and was not supporting anyone. I was called silly by the CEO and yet in the end I was right because he assumed Everything I ever plan to do is for free.

I do accept your apology but can say I never had a beef with you or any other of the staff. In fact I have great respect for you guys and all your hard work and I say it often and have always supported you guys publicly here on the forum, even when it wasn't popular to voice my support. I even went to the wall many times expressing my confidence in your now ceo from the start. I still wholly believe he is a great coder and internal leader he just needs work on his PR and customer communication skills. My beef is really between me and your CEO and no one else.

For those you who don't know let me share my firsts for gamesalad.

First to bring true multitouch that is all touches to the users. I shared it all for free and could have kept the advantage for myself.

First to do a video on Tizen publishing and I think they are still the only videos on it.

First to do a complete series on Android publishing with associated portals. Still the most comprehensive series on android.

Over 7,000 posts which most are helping other users. Only a couple people have more posts than me.

Only person that has a fully functioning playstogether multiplayer game.

The most agrees of any user 1,600 (It seems though I might appear controversial, I'm obviously not alone)

The only one to ever teach true logic.

Over 100 videos and over 700 subscribers.

Never took or asked for a dime from anyone in this community in five years.

Never been accused of lying,stealing or not delivering on my promises.

I believe my record around here speaks for itself. The only thing I am guilty of is my brutally honesty.

edited September 2015

:) Your too modest Dave :)

edited September 2015

@UtopianGames said:
    :) Your too modest Dave :)

Now modesty is something I am not guilty of...LOL I'm a good old American gun slinger and I'm from Boston so it's the culture here. if you watched goodwill hunting it is exactly like that. "How do you like them apples?!"

:)